Thread: So worried and no one to talk too

So worried and no one to talk too

My heads all over the place, I have an appointment at the breast clinic next week but had bloods done last week alongside my referral.

I have just called for results and the receptionist has said there’s a note to make a routine appointment but the dr who ordered the tests isn’t in until tomorrow and no one else will speak to me!

I’m adding 2 and 2 and telling myself the bloods must show something bad and therefore maybe it shows something upping my chances of breast cancer.

I’m spiralling so bad and no idea how I’m going to get through today until the gp calls tomorrow!

Re: So worried and no one to talk too

It's just continuity of care, don't worry.

I had the same panic. Had blood tests and within 2 days had a text on a Friday evening to say I needed to make an appt with GP at my earliest convenience, I completly freaked out because I assumed that appointment meant that there was something serious to discuss. There was nothing, all that happened is they went through result by result to tell me each one was normal. I had been terrified the whole weekend for no reason. CHILL!

Thanks both

Usually if bloods are clear the receptionist just tell you no further action needed. I’m trying to hold on to the ‘routine’ appointment at the mo!

I think not being able to find out what’s going on until tomorrow coupled with the worry over my breast clinic appointment next week has pushed me into overdrive!

Hoping it’s something and nothing when the GP calls tomorrow

Xx

For all you know, your bloods show you are anaemic or something, unrelated to the types of things you are imagining

Thanks all!

Dr called me back, my ESR was raised a little ( had that before on blood tests!) and white cells ever so slightly raised, she asked if I was feeling ok which I am so she said not to worry then and no need to re take blood test!

Feeling relieved, now just the breast clinic appointment next week!

Thanks again
    Xx

Thread Information