Thread: Taste & Tongue - not Covid

Taste & Tongue - not Covid

Hi all,

As many of us can probably say, I am obsessive compulsive, particularly when it comes to health anxiety. Any thing that is wrong with me I fear is cancer or is going to kill me.

For five weeks I’ve had a metallic taste in my mouth and a burning tongue sensation. I’ve had two Covid tests which have been negative.

My dentist says I’ve had gingivitis and this will be the reason. I’ve also been trying home remedies and mouthwashes which could have affected my tongue.

I’m concerned that it’s still not gone away though. I wondered if anybody has any experiences with their mouth like this?

GuiPan

Re: Taste & Tongue - not Covid

Has anybody had these symptoms that would mind chatting with me please?

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarist Panicker View Post
    Hi all,

As many of us can probably say, I am obsessive compulsive, particularly when it comes to health anxiety. Any thing that is wrong with me I fear is cancer or is going to kill me.

For five weeks I’ve had a metallic taste in my mouth and a burning tongue sensation. I’ve had two Covid tests which have been negative.

My dentist says I’ve had gingivitis and this will be the reason. I’ve also been trying home remedies and mouthwashes which could have affected my tongue.

I’m concerned that it’s still not gone away though. I wondered if anybody has any experiences with their mouth like this?

GuiPan

Hi all,

GuiPan
    I have but mine was an anxiety symptom. Gingivitis will do it as well. Maybe it's a combo of both with you?

I'm struggling to see how you came to the cancer conclusion on this symptom?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I have but mine was an anxiety symptom. Gingivitis will do it as well. Maybe it's a combo of both with you?

I'm struggling to see how you came to the cancer conclusion on this symptom?

Thanks for getting back to me Nora. This went away for a few days and has come back. So demoralising. I do have bleeding gums and am constantly battling anxiety so this would probably be logical. Of course, I can’t see logic and it’s driving me nuts.

I have a phobia about cancer and just feel like it’s bound to get me. I saw something when googling about taste issues being a rare symptom of liver cancer and it’s gone from there.

I do have bleeding gums
    Blood will definitely cause a metallic taste in your mouth.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Blood will definitely cause a metallic taste in your mouth.

Positive thoughts
    Thank you my friend. It started out metallic but seems to be sweet and has a burning sensation now.

Thread Information