Thread: Leg gave out for a second

Leg gave out for a second

Hi All,
    You should first of all know that I think my health anxiety is something that is may be with me for the rest of my life. It is the result of decades of emotional abuse. Through extensive therapy, I’m trying to learn to live with it the best I can, but some days are harder than others. I’m grateful I can turn to you on the hard days.

My current issues is this: Today I woke up and walked into the bathroom and my left leg felt like it gave out for a second. I grabbed onto the counter and did not fall. I may not have fallen anyway. I don’t know. Since then I’ve had a spot above my knee/lower thigh that sort of feels a little crampy.

I’m 60 years old. I’ve never had this happen before and so it is worrying me. I’m not really worried about anything disease in particular.

Is this something that just happens sometimes? Maybe from a leg cramp?

Thanks lots,
    Debbie

Re: Leg gave out for a second

Blimey I have had this loads of times so you are lucky to reach 60 and have it just once.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for your response. It helped me out lots.
    Best,
    Debbie

I have had this numerous times. Often my legs feel weak too! I'm sure it's one of the myriad of symptoms I've reported to Drs and had never amounted to anything! Hope you feel better

This is interesting actually.... I'm 61 and I've had this happen but I've also had dozens of times over the last year or so where I get a weird tingly feeling in my lower back and my legs feel weak, sometimes to the point of requiring me to grab onto something or sit down as it feels I may collapse. I feel totally ok otherwise I have my yearly physical coming up in the next month or so and plan on asking my doctor about it. I wonder if it has to do with circulation and my heart disease but we'll see.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Sciatic nerve irritation, FMP? Piriformis issues?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Sciatic nerve irritation, FMP? Piriformis issues?
    Yes Pulisa, I'm thinking sciatica as well as I do have a L4/5 disc protrusion from an injury in my 30's. Since the pandemic started, other than an occasional walk, I've been pretty sedentary so I'm quite sure that's what it is but it's still worth bringing up to get the reassurance and a swift kick in the butt to get off my own

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I’ve been busy and didn’t notice your responses. Thank you for commenting!!!! I really need this support group.

Thread Information