Thread: Waiting for test results, struggling to cope

Waiting for test results, struggling to cope

I found out yesterday that I’d been exposed at work on Thursday so went and got a test straight away. My test was around 2pm yesterday, it’s now 6pm the next day and I haven’t received the results.. I know it can take up to 48 hours but I’m really struggling to cope with the worry, I barely slept last night, can’t eat, my mind is making up phantom symptoms. I’ve been glued to my phone all day waiting for the text, saw a text come through earlier and almost had a panic attack thinking it was the results but it was just a scam text 😡 has anyone here been through this awful wait and have any advice to get through it? I don’t know if I can bear another night of not knowing

Re: Waiting for test results, struggling to cope

I had a 2 day wait for results but decided that what would be would be - I couldn't change anything and just got on with things to be honest.

You have to do the same - why worry over something you can't change?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I was so grateful for a rapid test, it took 20 minutes for results.

I felt the same took a little under 48hrs and I was neg thankfully but still feel do anxious now.

My daughter is waiting, had a test done this morning. She's in her bedroom across the landing.

It took me about 60 hours to get my results, although I knew they would be positive (my boyfriend had a positive result already and i had symptoms). But if you don't have symptoms, you may or may not have it - plenty of people have been exposed and haven't caught it. You're doing the right thing by isolating and testing though.

If it's any consolation, we are both nearly out the other side now - I had a mild illness, and my boyfriend is recovering well now. Try to relax and accept what may, and just know that whatever happens, you will get through it.

Thread Information