Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lump, giving me the worst anxiety

lump, giving me the worst anxiety

Ive spent all day worrying today because of this and now i can’t sleep. Only yesterday evening was walking and felt this weird itch/pain “down there”, i checked and i have a lump on the left side, it kind of hurts when i touch it, i don’t think it moves about either, it kind of feels like it’s on a bone. I don’t know obviously i’m assuming the worst, i calmed myself down earlier because i thought it might be a fibroid but i don’t think it is that anymore. Can someone please help me i don’t know what to do and i’m literally so scared right now? is this normal. I’m an 18 year old female by the way.

update :
    i took a shower and i think the lump does actually move a little depending on how i’m positioned, also it moves depending on how i’m positioned too. it looks a little red but i don’t know if that’s because i’ve been touching it. ive calmed down abit but i’m hoping this will get sorted out asap.

okay another update : i feel like it got smaller, i think it got smaller a few days ago and then it grew again but now it’s smaller again ? it kind of just feels like big veins, it’s not veins but it’s feels like it. also it does move around and it doesn’t really hurt anymore, i’m still anxious but i think it’s a swollen lymph node, it does seem to be in that area. i just don’t know why it’s swollen, i have another swollen lymph node under my jaw that’s been there for years and it doesn’t hurt or anything so i’m not even anxious about it? so can lymph nodes just swell up and stay like that ? also i read it could be because of an infection, i’ve been outside a lot recently (without a coat) and i had a pretty bad cough about 2 weeks ago, it faded but i keep going outside to take the dog out and i still have a bit of a cough so could that cause a lymph node to swell up in the groin ?
    Last edited by Moonlitt; 16-01-21 at 02:47.

Re: lump, giving me the worst anxiety

can someone please reply or tell me atleast something, i can’t find anyone with similar symptoms, it’s 5 am right now and this anxiety is making me feel sick.

Most people here are from the UK and are asleep right now. We're not paid professionals, just people with anxiety.

Call your doctor in the morning to set your mind at ease, chances are it's nothing. Bodies are weird, and often we randomly notice stuff that's always been there.

Sorry you are having a bad night.

When I get really really worked up like you are now, I try to take myself down a notch by reminding myself that there’s nothing I can do about this at this very moment (especially at 5am in your case.) I also remind myself that I suffer from HA, so all of the horrible conclusions I am jumping to are likely a result of HA and not reality. If you are still having pain/discomfort etc, make a plan to call your doctor or obgyn to get it checked out.

Tonight, don’t Google. Stop reading posts here about it. Try to sleep.

thank you, i’ve calmed down a little and took a shower, im going to try and sleep now. but yes everytime i’ve experienced health anxiety it always ended up being nothing no matter how convinced i was that it was something serious earlier. hoping this time will be the same.

Pelvic lump. feeling very anxious

So i posted something about this last night hoping it would help me calm down, and it did temporarily but once again i’m on the verge of a panic attack. about 3 days ago now i noticed a lump “down there”, it feels like it’s on my bone (pubis i think). i can’t work out if it’s hard or not because of the skin there but it’s definitely not rock hard, and i think it slightly moves. it does hurt a little when i touch it. i thought it might be a swollen lymph node or something but i just don’t know anymore. i’m so scared i’m convincing myself that i’m going to die. im too scared to tell anyone about this? i really don’t know what to do.

Re: Pelvic lump. feeling very anxious

Did you phone your GP yet?

Re: Pelvic lump. feeling very anxious

Call your GP, if they are anything like mine at the mo they are really good with calling back and seeing patients with lumps/bumps ( I have a breast lump and saw my gp on the same day I called them )

I used to have a lump down there.... had it for years and mine was an ingrown hair that formed a cysty thing, one day it actually popped, won’t gross you out with the details! Mine was pretty hard and sore at times too.

Put your mind at rest and call the Dr.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Cariad1 View Post
    Call your GP, if they are anything like mine at the mo they are really good with calling back and seeing patients with lumps/bumps ( I have a breast lump and saw my gp on the same day I called them )

I used to have a lump down there.... had it for years and mine was an ingrown hair that formed a cysty thing, one day it actually popped, won’t gross you out with the details! Mine was pretty hard and sore at times too.

Put your mind at rest and call the Dr.
    thank you for replying. thing is i’m 18 and i don’t how to make this work without telling my mum, i mean of course i am old enough but i’m just scared to tell anyone, and i know i should probably tell her too. i did think it might be an ingrown hair but i don’t know because it seems more on my bone and there’s nothing you can see on my skin even though it is in that area. also when i woke up today it seemed smaller but i think it’s back to the size it was at first. i know the responsible thing to do is to tell someone i just don’t know how. but thank you again !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information