Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Adverse effects of mindfulness?

Re: Adverse effects of mindfulness?

I give up. Good luck.

1st post today - 16-01-21, 08:41 - Latest post - 16-01-21, 10:27

That's a long 2 minutes You're good at this. I'll give you that. They'll always be someone to feed you here so your dragon will never go hungry.

I'm with AJoe...

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

F*ck sake.

I know it might not seem like it, but people are trying to help. Personally, when I'm being irrational I often respond better to a reality enema.

Sorry if this makes you feel worse, but you did say you were taking a break for your mental health and there hasn't been any evidence of this. If you're fine with that, it's all good, but people are inevitably going to notice and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by PHR View Post
    I didn't have a revelation, that's what I think happened, I just don't know how to stop it or get out if it. I have said that many times.

I'm not logging fears, I'm purely being polite and replying to people who reply to my post. A couple of people who reassuring can actually relate to this problem.
    "A couple of people"? Do you actually understand how hurtful and insensitive this comment could seem to those whose advice has been tossed aside because they obviously haven't a clue about your torment?

Quote Originally Posted by PHR View Post
    F*ck sake.
    Precisely.

Quite honestly right now P is coming across as a whiney little man b1tch because his supply has been cut off. He is skilled into manipulating the conversation back to his angst.

I mentioned back in thread number one that a lot of dialogue was about his need for attention. He will deny it until the cows come home, but it is a major factor here. The perceived care will keep fuelling the fire of cyclical self torment because he needs the pain to get the care.

Again, left alone in the wilderness for a few days, he'd feel a lot better.

We need to stop responding to it as much as he needs to walk away from it.

And STILL logged into the site...

Viewing Forum General Anxiety / Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) Last Activity 16-01-21 15:41

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 16-01-21 at 21:24.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

I suffer from derelization and have done 24/7 for 5 years.. mediation or mindfulness does not cause derelisation. These thoughts you are having are nothing more than anxious thoughts. I feel like you are hyper focusing on them. My derelizsation has probably lasted as long as it has due to my anxious thoughts however I regularly do mindfulness, meditation etc and if anything it allows me to breathe and relax it doesn’t make worse or change my derelization.

Quote Originally Posted by GadGirl View Post
    I suffer from derelization and have done 24/7 for 5 years.. mediation or mindfulness does not cause derelisation. These thoughts you are having are nothing more than anxious thoughts. I feel like you are hyper focusing on them. My derelizsation has probably lasted as long as it has due to my anxious thoughts however I regularly do mindfulness, meditation etc and if anything it allows me to breathe and relax it doesn’t make worse or change my derelization.
    I know you're just trying to help but it's just dragon food

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 16-01-21 at 21:23.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information