Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Adverse effects of mindfulness?

Re: Adverse effects of mindfulness?

Quote Originally Posted by PHR View Post
    I'm not going to.

Good

I think you need to take yourself off this forum too. I think you need to. You're still going around in circles reporting exactly the same thing, and it's not good for your recovery short or long term. You're saying the same things, and receiving exactly the same advice.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's like using Dr Google for HA purposes. You can't unread the "diagnosis" of your symptoms which undoubtedly mean a sinister and terminal illness
    I think that's right, and because it's my mind, there's nothing in front of me to take to the doctors or the dentist, I'm just left figuring it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Good

I think you need to take yourself off this forum too. I think you need to. You're still going around in circles reporting exactly the same thing, and it's not good for your recovery short or long term. You're saying the same things, and receiving exactly the same advice.
    They advice is 'ignore it' and 'stop posting'.
    If it was that simple, I wouldn't be struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Scissel73 View Post
    Well.. the future hasn't happened yet, and we shouldn't try to predict whats ahead. What helps me is to remember...I have control over the here and now - today. That's great to hear you get some relief while running. Agree: For now, avoid meditation, its very powerful, and not done right, it could have a counterproductive result. Try to shift the focus away from whats nagging you, and rob it of its power - you do have it in you to block this and release its hold on you. In turn, give the power to the things that will keep you on track such as your running, as well as other parts of your daily routine. Try (I know - easier said than done) to not dwell on what *seems* wrong and enjoy what is right. Again, from someone like myself dealing with horrific OCD, I understand all too well. PS - sorry for the edits - I"m typing while I think Lol..
    This is really what my psychologist says... just throw myself into the things in front of me, and try and pick up new interests and hobbies if I can to keep my mind busy. Horrible having to do things purely to stop yourself thinking through, and you can't be busy all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    but now it's all laid out in front of me, 24/7, and I'm trapped
    That's it in a nutshell. By documenting everything, you're constantly laying it out in front of yourself, keeping you in the cycle of anxiety. And this thread is just a continuation of your previous thread. It should be merged to show the consistent negative thought and behavior patterns associated with your illness.

I know I'm pissing into the wind here but it's blatantly obvious to everyone other than yourself

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm not documenting everything, like I said to you last time. This is in my head 24/7. 60 seconds out of my day is hardly 'documenting'!

This thread was about a very specific question.

I'm not documenting everything, like I said to you last time. This is in my head 24/7. 60 seconds out of my day is hardly 'documenting'!

Ok...

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It's not. It's you asking exactly the same thing via a slightly different route.

Please at least try and listen to people on here rather than the continuous documenting which you ARE doing.

I think that's right, and because it's my mind, there's nothing in front of me to take to the doctors or the dentist, I'm just left figuring it out.
    Would you prefer to have HA? In a way this is just a transference of your HA onto what's "happening" to your brain. You can't see a medical consultant though and aren't able to accept the opinion of a psychological/behavioural consultant so it comes down to chasing a diagnosis like HA

I'm not really chasing a diagnosis, I'm just confused about what is going on, and am yet to hear of an explanation for it, and ignoring it really is impossible.

I was hoping to run into someone on here who had a similar experience I suppose, as I have to keep it bottled up in the real world, or I sound mental, that's why it was almost nice to be able to throw it out here. I was just hoping to find some clarity on it I suppose, as it is the scariest and most relentless symptom I've had, and I'm not just being dramatic when I say I won't be able to take it much longer.

I've clearly overstayed my welcome here, so will be trying to ease off it, thank you for the help and patience.

PHR x

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information