Thread: Covid fears.

Covid fears.

Hello, I'm here again, I've been feeling abit better about covid because of my therapist helping me through things weekly. Im isolating with my son who's 2 next month, were ok luckily.. my sons Dads mom has covid 19 she doesn't seem to bad yet, a few people in his family have it luckily are fine.. anyway his cousin who's pregnant aged 32 is in hospital on oxygen with covid and bloodclots on her lungs. I am officially petrifed again. I keep cleaning ive tested neg just 2 days ago, my sons dad has had a rapid test came back neg and is isolating with us so he can be with his son.. which may I add im finding stressful anyway because he's so toxic towards things and he's a very negative person which makes me bad. But it was either him here and see my son or not see him until this is over with which isn't fair on my son anyway the whole point of this is im petrified im going to get it and die I haven't slept I hardly eat ive lost iver 2 stone in weight quite quickly aswell I mean im finding it very stressful I just want my mom who's also shielding cos of her copd. I am healthy other then anxiety and reflux but I can't help but think the worst.. like everyone close ro home is getting it now where as before it wasn't really nobody I knew :( how can I stop stressing so bad over it :(

Re: Covid fears.

Anyone got any advice x

No-one has any answers sorry

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hello, I'm sorry to hear you're in such a difficult situation. It sounds tough. Remember that you aren't in the at risk category, you're doing all you can to avoid it but if you do get it it will likely just be mild. I'm recovering from it now, I'm fine other than very tired, which is getting better each day. My boyfriends symptoms were worse but the doctor wasn't worried about them at all and he is also recovering from it now. The huge majority of people do recover. You probably won't even catch it as you're being super careful and we are in lockdown now so cases will go down, but if you do, there is a very very high chance that you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Really surprised and disappointed in this response.

Xleax I hope you take a look at the threads here from those who have the same fears and those of us who've had covid and recovered.

There is amazing support here.

Ox

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    That’s not a very helpful response and comes across quite uncaring!

Hi xleax I’m sorry you are suffering with covid fears / anxiety. I can really relate to this, I hadn’t been on this forum for quite a while but came on today because I am also suffering with constant worry over covid. I know that statistically the majority of people with covid don’t become seriously ill but even when I’ve felt ill from a bad case of tonsillitis or a bad hangover I’ve been scared I might die from it! I sometimes get an itchy / slightly sore through when I’m stressed/anxious and have had it a few times since the pandemic started and it always makes me panic incase it’s the start of it, I have to remind myself that it’s usually the worry that causes it.
    I’m furloughed so not having to go into work but my boyfriend who lives with me is still going into work in a factory, which really worries me because he isn’t careful at all with social distancing nor hand washing / sanitising (despite my frequent nagging at him!). So I’m so scared of him getting it and passing it to me. I even asked him to go and live with his parents during this lockdown but he wouldn’t! I would be much less worried if he didn’t have to go out to work.
    If none of your household are leaving the house though the chances of you catching it would be extremely slim (as long as you wash your hands after handling any post/deliveries you receive)
    Last edited by Jenijar; 17-01-21 at 13:29. Reason: Punctuation

Thread Information