Hi so I had a panic attack last night my heart rate went to 150 beats a minute and I couldn't get it down so my partner called a ambulance. My heart was also going irregular I was completely freaked out my head. The paramedics hooked me up to ecg and said it was fast but to try to calm down . I couldn't stop shaking and felt so tense. They took my bp and the first reading was 189/155! I thought omg im going to have a stroke the next one was 169/ 120 next 169/100 then 20 minutes later 160/86 . They didn't seem bothered about the first reading but im Terrified ive done damage . Ive had high readings in the past with BP but not 189/155 thats ridiculously high. Ive read as long as its not high all the time its nothing to worry about but even at that reading? My pulse was racing and I was total freaked out so I know it would be high but that has really worried me. They said i was ok to stay at home and did not need to go to hospital as it had all calmed down ..... Anyone else have bp go that high ?