Hi. I’ve been anxious about moles for years. I’ve had about 8 removed, most come back atypical. I had a dodgy one removed about 4 years ago that came back Inconclusive, they couldn’t figure out what it was, so I was treated as if it was something bad but very early stages. They said they weren’t worried and I was followed up after wide excision of the mole for 18 months. Since then I’ve had a few more off. I’m waiting for the results of two now which is making me sick with panic.
Cut to tonight. I have just been confirmed covid positive so am isolating and I’m a new mother to a 3 month old baby. I was looking through some baby photos from the past few months and noticed a weird spot above my eyebrow in a selfie. I checked in the mirror and there is a dark black/red spot there. I checked back at photos and it looks like there has been a mark there since at least June. The thing is, I’m not sure if I’ve been picking at it or not, I have been aware of something there for a while but never thought that it could be anything bad. My health anxiety is through the roof right now anyway. The spot/mole looks red around the outside and dark/black on the inside I think. On earlier photos it looks pinkish red. I am freaking out. I am already scared these other results will come back with bad news and now this.
I have taken a picture of it and it looks dark and shiny up close. I wish it wasn’t one thing after another. I am already feeling bad with covid and now this. I have basically written myself off with having C. I don’t even know why I’m writing on here after so many years. I think it’s just because this is a new mole/dark spot appeared and ive never had to deal with that before, it’s always been ‘atypical’ moles but that have been there for many years. This one looks different. Has anyone got any advice? Thanks