Thread: Finger twitching

Finger twitching

For the past 6-8 weeks I have had a very visible twitch in my left hand pinky when at rest. I don’t know what exact muscle is twitching but it makes my pinky move towards my ring finger. On some days it is worse and throughout the day it comes and goes. As far as I can tell, I have no weakness. I have had various twitches in the past but none lasting as long as this. I made the huge mistake of Googling and you know the rest.

I have not been worried or stressed about anything lately (apart from this) and my diet has not changed. The only thing is I have been using my phone more (always left hand with phone resting on pinky); could that be causing it?

My question is, does this warrant further examination from my doctor? Should I be asking for a referral to the neurologist? I am really starting to worry about MND etc.

I know the chances are really low (i’m 27) but you do come across stories of younger patients and that’s made my health anxiety return!

Re: Finger twitching

Anyone had this? Cant stop worrying about it!

Don’t waste a Doctors time you know what it is ,there is nothing wrong with your finger,it’s your phone like you said and no more Dr Google he/she are MF’s.

My question is, does this warrant further examination from my doctor? Should I be asking for a referral to the neurologist? I am really starting to worry about MND etc.
    No absolutely not, this would indeed be a waste of a doctors time and your own. Change your position of resting the phone, its that simple, you are aggravating some muscles and nerves nothing more - I have had literally the same from a phone holding position.

I get twitchy fingers when I’m using them a lot. For example, I’ve been knitting and the fingers in my left hand have been twitching a lot. I bet you’re just fine. I know it’s super scary when our body seems to malfunction. I hope you get feeling better soon.

Hugs,
    Debbie

Thread Information