Thread: 2yr old GROIN lymph node

2yr old GROIN lymph node

Okay so I’m used to my children getting lymph nodes in their necks here and there but I just changed my two year olds diaper and I’m so so worried because I seen a swollen lymph node in his groin area, kind of next to his hip bone. I made a dr appt for tomorrow but I’m so scared. Has anyone else’s kids has a swollen node in this area? He seems healthy and hasn’t been sick lately but he sweats in his sleep all the time so that also worries me. Someone calm my fears please. I’m spiraling and Google is not helping.

Re: 2yr old GROIN lymph node

Hello,
    How did the appointment go?
    I bet he is allright. Children do have overreactive lymphnodes in general.

My friend once had hugely swollen groin lymphnodes. She even had excision biopsy, and it was benign. Docs never found out what caused them.

I share your health anxiety about kids. This is the worst, most terrible kind of health anxiety. I “diagnosed” my 5 year old daughter with so many terrible things! And I was NEVER right :-)

It could be not a lymphnode at all by the way. Or it can swell due to miriad benign reasons.
    I shared a story here once, about a cat who had lymphoma. I petted him, not knowing about his disease, and felt huge, fused, rock hard (not sorta firm, but really hard like rock) “pebbles” under his fur. I asked what it was and found out poor guy had lymphoma. After that I never worry about swollen lympnodes if thye don’t feel like those ones. “Bad” swollen lymphnodes are unmistakable, even I could tell at once smth was wrong...
    So try not to worry, and when doc says it is all fine trust him/her.
    Good luck and let me know how it went at the docs!

Re: 2yr old GROIN lymph node

I hope your appointment went OK. My little granddaughter has several swollen and hard lymph nodes in her groin. Several doctors have looked at them and none are concerned. She’s had them for several years now and is just fine.

Hugs to you

Thread Information