Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Botulism from incorrectly kept cheese?

Re: Botulism from incorrectly kept cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Well reasoned, PM. Glad you could have a bit of a laugh with the 111 lady. Probably did you the world of good?!
    It did, actually.

And reading something you posted elsewhere, I took my car for a repair and its MoT today. I did freak slightly as one of the mechanics bent over and coughed and said "I'd stay back if I were you!" so I did.

"Passed with defects" was nice, but what came afterwards was nicer still.

Whilst I was waiting for the card machine to process my payment, I remarked to the garage owner how the crackling sound of welding took me back to my childhood: my dad did a lot of welding as part of his work and he often made things like lamp standards, wrought iron furniture, trailers for the cars, even large numeral-sized cake tins for my little sister's birthday! I also lamented that I never asked him to teach me how to do it.

Didn't expect what came next...

"Well, I can teach you if you like?"

I'm going to hold him to that - when the Covid situation has subsided a bit. I have a classic car that needs welding...
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 20-01-21 at 19:50.

That's great, PM! You've made a new friend AND got your car sorted!

You'll laugh now...My car is in self-isolation at the garage because the car needs a new part and whilst waiting for it a mechanic has tested positive and the whole garage has had to shut down...Ay caramba! No idea when I will get it back and how "infected" it will be..Can cars transmit covid? Seeing as paw paw fruit can, who knows? Fuel for thought?

Hope you've got your car back, Pulisa!

Little update. I wanted some sleeping tablets to help block things out so I did an e-consult for my GP practice.

The follow-up consultation via phone today turned into be a full review of my ongoing problems - the depression/anxiety, diabetes, hypertension.

A whole new action plan for my future health has been formulated - fresh-faced young doctor fancying a challenge by the sound of it. He also said that if I have botulism, I must have the strongest immune system known to man... hope he's right.

I had this weird, giddy feeling earlier.

I think it's called... optimism?

Blimey! What is optimism? Whatever it is it sounds great and a wonderful prescription!

Grab these fresh faced young doctors before they have become totally disillusioned and pill push the minute you open your mouth!

Delighted for you..Getting the right doc and a new approach is just what you need! You might even have moved up the list for the vaccine as a result!

Blimey! What is optimism? Whatever it is it sounds great and a wonderful prescription!

Grab these fresh faced young doctors before they have become totally disillusioned and pill push the minute you open your mouth!

Delighted for you..Getting the right doc and a new approach is just what you need! You might even have moved up the list for the vaccine as a result!
    Well, in all of this, as he looked at my medicines he said one of the blood pressure ones I'm on is known for driving blood sugar levels up... at the moment, I'm happy where I am in the vaccination queue as I'm sure there are many more people deserving of it out there. I have heard though of someone resident near me who's been told they have to travel 50 miles to a different county to get jabbed!

It's always good to have another doc review your meds because an enthusiastic young medic will always spot anomalies and be keen to suggest an alternative.

As for jab hubs, 50 miles is a hell of a journey..Is he/she going to take up the offer?

It's always good to have another doc review your meds because an enthusiastic young medic will always spot anomalies and be keen to suggest an alternative.

As for jab hubs, 50 miles is a hell of a journey..Is he/she going to take up the offer?
    I'm a great believer in that approach to medicines - too often doctors just add another tablet and don't look at the whole picture. My mother just had tablet upon tablet added to her in later life and sadly, the last place they did a full review was the hospice she died in.

As far as I know, the person concerned is making that journey...

That's good news PM, hopefully it will be the start of something better. Your Mum's medicine regime sounds like Mrs F's, there's tablets she takes that she's been on for donkey's years. All supposedly necessary but you wonder what's causing what. Is it the illness? The meds? Both? Neither?

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    That's good news PM, hopefully it will be the start of something better. Your Mum's medicine regime sounds like Mrs F's, there's tablets she takes that she's been on for donkey's years. All supposedly necessary but you wonder what's causing what. Is it the illness? The meds? Both? Neither?
    I used to think that about Mum too.

I *may* be coming off the Citalopram: I said I'm not sure it's actually working for me any more and considering I've been on it for over a decade, maybe the time has either come for a change or to stop. Not in eight weeks though, like the last time I tried.

That, did not end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post

Little update. I wanted some sleeping tablets to help block things out so I did an e-consult for my GP practice.

The follow-up consultation via phone today turned into be a full review of my ongoing problems - the depression/anxiety, diabetes, hypertension.

A whole new action plan for my future health has been formulated - fresh-faced young doctor fancying a challenge by the sound of it. He also said that if I have botulism, I must have the strongest immune system known to man... hope he's right.

I had this weird, giddy feeling earlier.

I think it's called... optimism?
    Love, love LOVE this post PM!!

You go and get em mate!

I know what you mean about new doctors. I had one who was very young looking when I first saw him. Five years of me and he looked 110!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information