Hi there .I am being woken up in the middle of the night with my heart racing .It dosent happen every night maybe every second night. It usually happens while im falling asleep i firstly get this strange sensation in my chest as im drifting off and then i get a really irregular rythm then my heart starts racing up to 160 beats per minute.Sometimes this happens also while i think im in a deep sleep i am suddenly awake and realise my heart is so fast then i cant breathe properly .I have called a ambulance before and my heart rate was 166 p/m.It happened last night again i was drifting to sleep this time and felt this weird feeling in my chest then my heart started racing and having missed beats in between which just adds to the fear. But also noticing while it racing it also gives out what seems like extra beats it feels very irregular which is utterly terrifying. After it happens i started burping terribly but im not sure if that was all the air i sucked in while in a panic or it was wind i had sitting in my stomach that caused the palps ive had 4 ecgs in the last 5 month.Funny thing is these attacks started happening more often last year when i had helicobacter bug in my stomach that is negative now but it has left me with a terrible burping and acid reflux problem though .I have had loads of ecgs over the years the doctors say anxiety.I have been like this with panic anxiety and agrophobia since i was 21 thats over 20 years and still the heart fears ruin my life .It all started with missed beats and caused me to stop going out but over the years ive had a good few years when the anxiety wasnt too bad but then it creeps back again Its always the fear about my heart .How can i get over that when my heart beat never behaves.I hate ruining my life over this i am so anxious when im out i feel i cant enjoy anything.This happening at night has been going on for too long but docs says anxiety but its the only time i am relaxed why would my heart start racing .Just hate it all xx