Thread: Your child is likely eligible for free Microsoft software and education

Your child is likely eligible for free Microsoft software and education

Hey all,

Just sharing something I discovered yesterday. I'm a web developer, and I use a Microsoft platform called Azure for building my web applications. My son was logged into his computer on his school email. I didn't realize. So when I went to the Azure site it said my sons email in the corner, and had a section where he is able to download Microsoft Software and get a free subscription to Plurasight, and Wintallect (both large video training providers that usually costs).

This is nothing shady, or illegal. Most schools are signed up to the Microsoft Education Partnership. If your child has a school email address they too will likely have free access to these resources. My brother who is at University tried this and he also has free access to software and videos.

To check if your child is eligible follow the steps below:

This will show you a list of the software, and training/education resources. If you click plurasight, it will give you a URL and an activation key. Go to the URL enter your email and details and you'll have free access to plurasight.

There's lots of stuff on there for all age levels, include you mums and dads

Enjoy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Your child is likely eligible for free Microsoft software and education

Thanks Wiredincorrectly what an interesting post going to forward this to my son & daughter in law who are both working full time from home & struggling to home school their five year old daughter at the same time.

Thread Information