Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very Concerned About My Wife

Very Concerned About My Wife

On this past Thursday my wife (27yrs old) developed a low grade fever that morning and by that night had developed severe chills and full body aches. She said every muscle in her body hurt. On Friday the fever remained, chills and aches were better, so we went to get her tested for COVID, which came back negative. That night she started having severe stomach cramps (right under ribs) that would last for 3-5 minutes at a time. She had those over the course of Friday and Saturday which eventually turned into a general upper stomach ache/pain. We did a teledoc visit Saturday night and the doctor said she probably had a virus.

The low grade fever continued off and on with Tylenol through the weekend as well. This entire time she has had zero energy and cannot eat without feeling bloated and full.

This morning she is still feeling unwell, extremely tired, no energy and says she just feels awful. She had no fever this morning but she just looks very sick. I am so concerned this is something more serious. I lost my mother (63) to Ovarian Cancer this past September and I'm so terrified of my wife having something like this.

Any thoughts or experiences would be helpful.

Re: Very Concerned About My Wife

Quote Originally Posted by boostedcoop View Post

Any thoughts or experiences would be helpful.

the doctor said she probably had a virus.
    What extra information do you need?

I get it, I do and I appreciate the response, truly. I just never imagined a virus lasting this long. And causing this much exhaustion after 4 days.

Part of it is also, that with my mom, it took an ER visit for them to see a massive tumor. Something doctors had misdiagnosed for over 7 months.

And part of it is that it was a teledoc visit so how much accuracy can there be in that?

Just talked to my wife and said her temperature was back up to 100.5. I'm so scared this is something more serious.

A virus can make you feel like crap for weeks.

You're reacting to your imagination, not the facts.

Sorry to hear about your Mum, but look at what's in front of you now, try not to draw on past experience.

Last nasty virus I had took me several months to get over. They can be brutal.

Just talked to my wife and said her temperature was back up to 100.5. I'm so scared this is something more serious.
    Hi boostedcoop, got to agree with anxietyjoe, a virus can make you feel rubbish in my experience for weeks, listen to the dr he will have come across these symptoms many times. Understandably you’re concerned but try not to worry i’m sure your wife will be fine.

Thanks for the responses guys it truly means so much.

She also just informed me that she forgot to take her Zoloft on Thursday and Friday when she got sick. Took it Saturday but then forgot again yesterday. Maybe some of this is withdrawals?

Maybe some of this is withdrawals?

Why are you still looking for an alternative solution to the obvious one right under your nose?

You're right. This is just my anxiety looking for reassurance. Thank you!

I had a stomach virus a few years ago that lasted over 2 weeks and I had lingering symptoms for longer than that. I also got hives from it. I would try not to worry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information