Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How are you all coping with the fear of COVID?

How are you all coping with the fear of COVID?

I’ve been so scared about getting COVID lately. I work from home so do my parents, but my parents sometimes go out to purchase groceries. I’ve spoken with them and told them it’s better to do online shopping at Walmart and go pick it up to not have to go inside the store. They’ve agreed.

Seeing everything on the news and now personally knowing people with it has really made my stress and anxiety levels go high. Right now I have a slight sore throat from post nasal drip, I keep having to clear my throat. I always get this often but right away I’m jumping to it could be COVID. And it’s driving me crazy :(. How do you all cope with this?

Re: How are you all coping with the fear of COVID?

I cope by not watching the news.

Personally Covid19 hasn't bothered me in the slightest from the fact of it finishing me off. It has a massively high survival rate if you're of ok health. I've been more worried about my parents, so we've been doing their shopping since last March as they are 81 and 79.
    If I'm honest I've been incredibly wound up with peoples attitude, lack of respect for others, not sticking to the rules and the whining and whinging because they can't do their usual.

I have had to shield each time we have a lockdown as I am extremely clinically vulnerable so can't work and am self-employed so struggling financially - so much so I will have to sell my house at some point.

I just stay in, keep safe and get on with it as nothing else I can do.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    If I'm honest I've been incredibly wound up with peoples attitude, lack of respect for others, not sticking to the rules and the whining and whinging because they can't do their usual.

Bingo.

Selfish, entitled, whiny morons.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I have had to shield each time we have a lockdown as I am extremely clinically vulnerable so can't work and am self-employed so struggling financially - so much so I will have to sell my house at some point.

I just stay in, keep safe and get on with it as nothing else I can do.
    Nightmare! Charge a subscription for NMP. Hope things work out Nicola.

Thanks Matt - it is the same for us all so we have to just stay safe.

Some of my neighbours have continued to have parties and people round all the time but I am not one to "grass" them up as such but if we all did our bit it would subside a lot.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Some of my neighbours have continued to have parties and people round all the time but I am not one to "grass" them up as such but if we all did our bit it would subside a lot.
    I have sympathy with you as my neighbour and her adult children have taken the piss all along and likewise, wouldn't grass on them as they have all day to make my life miserable.

I wonder how the whiny, entitled so-and-so's here in the UK - the ones driving 200 miles to go to a McDonalds - would cope with the French model? Taken from an e-mail I got today.

Person 1:" So, suppose you get home from work and want to go shopping?"

Person 2: "Before six o'clock, that's OK: it's a permitted reason. After six o'clock, no way and in any case the shops will be shut."

Person 1: "How about going to, say, the chemists?"

Person 2: "I refer you to the reply I gave some moments ago."

Person 1: "Suppose you're taken ill?"

Person 2: "After six you ring 112, or 15 for the SAMU and they come along and take you to the ED."

Person 1: "Oh."

Person 2: "Quite."

Can you imagine the uproar such an approach would get here?

We're not all equal though as proved by your terrible situation, Nic. I know the self-employed have been abandoned by the state and it's grossly unfair. I hope you don't have to sell your house.can you get any free legal advice?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information