Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How are you all coping with the fear of COVID?

Re: How are you all coping with the fear of COVID?

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Thanks Matt - it is the same for us all so we have to just stay safe.

Some of my neighbours have continued to have parties and people round all the time but I am not one to "grass" them up as such but if we all did our bit it would subside a lot.
    Yes, same round my way and it's really sickening when others don't make the effort.

Yes everyone has all different battles with how Covid is effecting them, but the possibility of having to sell your home must be terrifying and heartbreaking.

All the best Nicola.

We just do the best we can, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    We're not all equal though as proved by your terrible situation, Nic. I know the self-employed have been abandoned by the state and it's grossly unfair. I hope you don't have to sell your house.can you get any free legal advice?
    I don't know in what capacity you're self-employed Nic, but can you furlough yourself? In my case I had to apply for a "bounce-back loan" because of how I pay myself.

Hey, im with you. Im not coping, infact in petrified. I've had 2 negative tests last week but I had no choice to go to a shop 2 days ago for 2 year old son and have been petrified since.
    I have alot of phlegm but I also have stuffy nose which I've had for majority of last year so I know that's ok, but it's the phlegm and feeling I need to clear my throat :(
    I am a healthy 28 year old. Although I'm 29 next month, I feel so scared. I don't even put the TV on I watch Netflix least that way there's no adverts etc. Or my son has baby programs on sometimes.
    I just can't find a way to cope.

I hope you find a way to cope x

I have days where I cope with it better than others.

I’m so sorry NMP, I hope it doesn’t come to you having to sell your house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xleax View Post
    Hey, im with you. Im not coping, infact in petrified. I've had 2 negative tests last week but I had no choice to go to a shop 2 days ago for 2 year old son and have been petrified since.
    I have alot of phlegm but I also have stuffy nose which I've had for majority of last year so I know that's ok, but it's the phlegm and feeling I need to clear my throat :(
    I am a healthy 28 year old. Although I'm 29 next month, I feel so scared. I don't even put the TV on I watch Netflix least that way there's no adverts etc. Or my son has baby programs on sometimes.

Well I'm generally feeling a bit more optimistic this week, especially as cases now seem to be on the way down (33k today, still 45-50k+ on average last week), and more than 4m now had their first jabs at least, even though it still very much remains in the lap of the gods as to how effective the vaccines might be (or not), which of course, only time will tell, but so far so good in terms of mega undesirable side effects, at least in this country.

I'm confident we could be over the worst of the Covid situation by the spring at the very earliest in this country, though I still think restrictions on international travel should remain in place well into next year (2022), if only as a precautionary measure.

I do get the government SEISS grant but it isn't a lot.

It is my choice not to work as I do care work so working with other carers in and out and because of this choose not to when I am told not to.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Im also in the UK and my therapist told me about cases dropping which makes me abit more at ease.

I find it hard because my sons father still works but I can't stop him seeing him so he's been coming to see him weekly still (I've not let my son stay out normally he stays there) and luckily his Dad has respected my decision as he knows how anxious I get.

Its all the scary stuff you hear I find traumatic, wish they would show some positive side to it eg. The recovery etc. All doom!!

Fingers crossed for us all its over soon.

Hi there, thanks so much for your message x

I’m happy to hear about your negative tests! It’s been so hard coping with this, I’m praying that numbers will begin to drop soon. I need to not watch tv too, I can’t take hearing about it anymore. That’s all my parents like to watch...

I’m 27, but I’m overweight so I worry a lot about getting COVID. It really scares me just like it does you. I know sometimes with a stuffy nose you get post nasal drip, that’s what I have very often. It causes me to clear my throat a lot. But this time my throat is a little sore and my left ear is a bit sore.

I think what really put me off lately was that someone that is very close to us has Covid. Also 3 other of her family members and her mother passed away from it last week. So my whole household is talking about it...that’s also when the sore throat started. Not sure if it’s just coincidence or my body playing tricks on me! :(

Finding a way to cope has been so difficult. But you’re doing a great job by avoiding regular tv. I need to start doing that. Are you able to order groceries online and do delivery or online pick up? We’ve started doing it because I really think at this point this virus could be anywhere...

I hope you are able to cope better also, take care x

Im also in the UK and my therapist told me about cases dropping which makes me abit more at ease.

I find it hard because my sons father still works but I can't stop him seeing him so he's been coming to see him weekly still (I've not let my son stay out normally he stays there) and luckily his Dad has respected my decision as he knows how anxious I get.

Its all the scary stuff you hear I find traumatic, wish they would show some positive side to it eg. The recovery etc. All doom!!

Fingers crossed for us all its over soon.
    I truly hope they are dropping, here in Canada I live in Toronto and it just seems to be going up and up everyday. It’s so scary...

I’m glad your fathers son respects your decision! We gotta do what we gotta do during this time.

Take care

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information