I’m really worried about this and wondered if anyone else has ever experienced this?

Last night I woke up suddenly about 2 hours after I fell asleep and my throat felt closed and I couldn’t get any air in or swallow, it was very frightening and I felt like I was being strangled and choking. I was still half asleep but I remember rolling onto my front and trying to get up but was unable to breathe for what felt like so long but I think it lasted a few seconds and then went back to normal. Then straight after I started panicking and my heart began racing and I was in a cold sweat and I felt so awful and now really anxious about it. I felt ok last night before I fell asleep so I don’t know what’s going on.

I have had these episodes during my sleep in the past, but this is the first in about a year and I forgot how scary they were. It’s almost 3am and I’m forcing myself to stay awake as I’m too afraid to go to sleep and all I can focus on is my throat and my breathing. I felt scared to eat today and only has small, easy to eat meals.

I don’t know if I can contact my gp about this because of covid, I don’t know what to do and really freaking out right now