Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Panic Update

Panic Update

hello all I thought I'd just write a update on how i'm doing if any of you remember the post i wrote a few weeks ago i was the pro-boxer who suffered panic attacks while sparring in preparation for my fights and had been for a long while anyway after the advice i got on this site i bought 3 things a book on the subconcious mind, a hypnotic tape on panic attacks and a hypnotic tape on positive thinking and am pleased too say i have been sparring three or four times a week for the past two weeks and have not suffered an attack the first two times sparring i was a bit nervous and it took great control of my thoughts(being positive) but I managed it and the past four or five hard sparring sessions i have been concentrating on improving my boxing rather than having a panic attack and got my confidence back so thank you all for the advice i will continue to do my best (that last fight i had was a blessing in disguise it made me address the problem instead of ignoring it)
    Gary

Hey Gary,

Kudos!!! to you keep up the great work. I am glad to hear you are doing better. I wonder, which book and tapes did you pick up, I would like to try them myself. Did you read and listen to tapes during the day or at night when going to bed? Take care, keep us posted of your good progression.

Take care

Diana

Hi Gary,

What fabulous news for everyone here. It's great to hear success stories and how relieved you must feel that you did it !!! Many congratulations.

I had been wondering how you were doing and am really pleased you stopped by to say 'Hello'

How is your wife doing these days ?

Keep up the good work.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

hya gary,
    well done matey,weve all been rooting for you.
    keep up the good work ,best wishes...bryan.

Hi Gary

Well done - so nice that you took the time to come back and update us - we love to hear success stories.

Please pop back occasionally and let us know how it is going.

Keep on top of it and you will be fine :-)

Nicola

Again thankyou all for your support. Diana the book I got was the power of the subconcious mind by joseph murphy i bought it from amazon.co.uk for £10. The tapes i got where the panic prevention program uncommon-knowledge.co.uk very helpful and learn how to think positively which i bought from a bookshop called Ottakers but these are very common there website is hypnosisaudio.com. I listened to the panic attack tape while going to sleep and the positive thinking tape (which I think helped me the most) before going training.
    Meg my wife is doing brilliantly and has been for four years even having and coping with our second child this year without any relapses couldn't be more proud of her.

Hiya Gary!

Thanks a bunch for the information about the book and tapes. I am definitely getting them, hope they do as well for me. Again congratulations, I wish you all the best, keep up the good work. I am glad to hear your wife is doing as well.

Cheers,

Diana

I thought I'd just add one quote for anyone thats interested which helped me I repeated it when feeling panicky

" i WILL succeed because i am trying and thats what matters "

Gary

So that became your mantra....

It's a good one - keeping realistic as well as positive.

I am so pleased you're so much better, Gary. Well done for putting in all that effort. I know it's not easy.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Gary,

Good quote, thanks for sharing. I did get my hands on the book you mentioned from Amazon.com. However I am having a hard time locating the tapes, the "positive thinking" and the "panic attack" tapes. What are the titles or names of them? Please let me know so I can order them, in hopes that they work as well for me.

Cheers!!!

Diana

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information