Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi Newbie 6th driving test failed !

Re: Hi Newbie 6th driving test failed !

hi guys, well cupcakes DID pass her test i hope she doesnt mind me posting for her but it just goes to show that even though anx makes you feel poo, you can still acheive stuff

FAN-BLOOMIN-TASTIC OH IM SO THRILLED FOR YA HUN..OH I REMEMBER THAT FEELING HUN..CLOUD NINE DO TELL US ALL ABOUT IT HUN..WELL DONE lOVE PADDIE.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

hey cupcakes xxx

take kare xxxxxxx

minnie xxxx

Congratulations to Cupcake !

Brilliant. Well done, what an achievement!

hi everyone thanks so much for your lovely posts , sorry I havent replied sooner.
    On morning of test I was very jittery being test no 7 . I was crying and in a general state prior to even leaving the house. I had to keep going toilet as my nerves were awfull. Husband was like "my god " you are in a state. I took two kalms and arrived at test centre wearing giant sunglasses hiding my tears trying to get myself together. examiner went through usual stuff and test began, felt better once concentrating. Got to end of test switched off engine, I just stared ahead as sometimes when i thought I have passed I had not . he said congrats , tears justs streamed down my face , I was having palpitations and could hardly catch my breath. He did say I only just scraped in , even though i got 8 minors. I couldnt drive for 2 days as I was so emotionlly drained , but I am really chuffed and its given me a feeling of acheiving something.
    at moment I have gone back on st johns wort , think its driving on my own , its quite scary when you are a new driver. Am taking magnesium ok, primrose oil , multi vitemin. As I feel all the stress of failing has taken a toll on me , I am I beleive in an anxiety disorder situation, as I have stopped going out , panic in lots of situations. I just want to feel normal. I need to see doc but am having anxiety about getting their. Feeling quite nervey, I tried out the eft on www.tapping.com , and need to help myself more than what I am as I am avoiding life
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi cupcakes, you recognise what your going through, and that is a big plus for you you can and will get better, but these habits are hard to break keepcoming on here and you will get plently of info and support,so you will be able to do it yourself. ive just finished 15 sessions of cbt and my therapist said id done loads and loads of 'work'already through self-help. so it is very very important to understand yourself and your condition,and also to keep connected to people who understand? again a very big WELL DONE for passing your driving test - my neice failed hers on monday and she DOESNT experience what you do, so it goes to show that although you feel dreadful you CAN still do things, over time with your coping skills the anxiety WILL go down!!!! bit like i keep saying to EVERYONE dont make it a demand on your brain, because that actually INCREASES the stress further just have faith that the anxiety CANNOT last forever, as soon as you start to tackle the irrational CATASTROPHIC thoughts the anx levels subside, you will get achink of light and then you will be on your way, you will see that your thoguhts are setting the anxiety off,and you have to get off the treadmill for the anx to go down

you can do it, i hope this helps you?tc of yourself, emma

Hi many thanks Emmas , sorry to hear your neice failed test . Its horrible as you want it with such anticipation and then its a huge downer when you just dont get there. But everyone copes differently first two times it rolled of my back the fails. Has your CBT helped a lot more than anything else? I drove 12 miles to my mums and back today well tonight ! , stopped in sainsburys at about 9 oclock felt a bit panicy and just rode with it as best as I could , didnt run. Went and got some walnut whips ! , and went to the pharmacy section and bought two packets of sainsburys st johns wort as have heard good things about them, took the last two on shelf so they must be popular. On tuesday i was tearfull and crying and had sky high anxiety , I got really upset when i was with my friends, and burst out crying just sobbing as a lot of the time I try and put a brave face on things. Well they were brilliant and prior to that they knew I was a bit tearfull and came and picked me up from my house in their car. I spilt it all out and said I was scared to do anything and had developed a fear of going places , anywhere. They were very understanding and it was a huge weight of my mind and helped me relax more even though I felt crap. Its times like these you need good friends and beleive me I know it makes you isolate yourself sometimes. You are so right your faults do set the anxiety off, you dont always know what you are thinking as subconsciously we think things without playing them in our minds. Thanks Emmas for the advice you are truely a great helpfull friendly person. I hope things are working well for you too xxxxxxxxxx

Been taking st johns wort just over one week now , maybe that gives a little help too, will report on progress as switching from asda brand to sainsburys x

so glad you are feeling better i think its just finding what helps you really, like ive said before everyones journey will be different its good that youve been able to maintain your freindships, dont be too harsh onthemif they ever dont understand,because sometimes they cant be there for you all the time,and if they havent experienced it,it will be hard for them, but saying that everyones human and they can still understand in the normal way?everyone knows how it feels to be down or stressed etc so they will always be able to talk about 'normal' stuff,its just that this type of stress from anxiety/panic/depression isnt 'normal' so anyone who hasnt experienced it just wont understand. although the way the world is now,and with the statistics you probably wont have to go too far to meet someone who does know how you feel - if you can get out of your house first, and then mix with people

hi emmas
    so right about friends and understanding. Not a good day today lots of crying spells. Booked up to have a consultation with a hypnotherapist tommorow, if i can make it. i dont like to let people down but this condition makes you do just that if you let it, which i do

xxxxxxxxtc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information