Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
The one thing that the IR did was took people out of the fields and forests and put them in classrooms and factories. It took away self reliance (and the stresses that THAT brings) and replaced it with complete reliance on third parties to provide income, shelter and food. One very inciteful quote I recall that described stress was a long term problem that you are provided that you have little control over, and can do nothing about. I mean...look around......
Re. the Cancer thing, it was to do with chimney sweeps, and also the carcinogens from burning in the cities. I'll try and find it, it was an interesting read non the less. Not the article I'm refering to but still an interesting read too: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristin...h=63f6ad8569f7

The complete reliance on third parties is evident more than ever today. I liked the old way of living, where you grew crops, raised animals and traded with others. It seemed fair ... for those who could afford land. But it's entirely possible to do the same in a back garden. I'm doing this right now I wonder what life would be like now without the industrial revolution.

I remember my grandma going into the garden digging potatoes, picking beans, and cooking a Sunday roast with them.