I don't know why, but today, all out of the blue, I've been having flashbacks to a news article a couple of years back where a child with autism was locked in a cage at school in Australia (I think), and was absolutely gobsmacked as to how kids with said condition are still treated so inhumanely in the 21st Century, which belongs in Victorian times!

I know it wasn't in this country, and things are mostly better here nowadays in terms of treatment of children with LDs, but sadly there are still certain schools for such children where staff have all kinds of agendas of their own and 'physical restraint' is often the first resort, plus the typical 'treat the symptoms rather than the underlying causes' knee-jerk responses, and coming up with 'blame-game' excuses like 'it's the (Tory) cuts wot made me do it'!!

I really struggle to comprehend why there is still so much ill-treatment of helpless children like that, especially in establishments that should otherwise be places of relative safety and trying to help them, rather than dehumanise them and treat them like criminals?

And in developed countries like Australia, and even the USA!