Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flashbacks to news article a couple of years ago covering a child with autism being l

Re: Flashbacks to news article a couple of years ago covering a child with autism bei

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post

And it really beggars belief that in a developed country like Australia, and also parts of the USA, that they still treat kids with ASD like criminals at school!
    It's not the autistic kids who are the criminals, it's those who abuse them.

Re: Flashbacks to news article a couple of years ago covering a child with autism bei

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    It's not the autistic kids who are the criminals, it's those who abuse them.
    Absolutely, and they've got off scot-free for far too long now.

And the ban on portable tape recording devices imposed by my residential school back in the day kind of sums up the likelihood that the head teacher and the LEA for that particular school were superficially condoning such abusive practices, plus the 'do as I say, not as I do' attitudes of staff towards pupils.

I think there were quite a few dubious oddball goings-on in that school during my tenure there, but sadly we felt hushed up over them in case it could have been a life-or-death situation for us pupils!

I do often wonder if 'gangster' elements are sometimes involved in these situations?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information