Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need advice in beating breast HA

Re: Need advice in beating breast HA

Or reschedule it?
    I think if you are dead set on getting it done, then it makes no difference delayed for 2-3 months to get to the 12 month point. However, as I said above, ultrasound is a safer alternative if it is one specific area ? You do need to consider carefully your future with regards to testing and scans though - repeating this regularly isn't sensible.

Re: Need advice in beating breast HA

Thanks for the advice Carys. But my head is all over the place with it now. The way it works over here is that if you find any lump or anything yourself you go to your GP. Most of the time (from my own experience anyway) they will refer you. And every time I've been referred to the clinic they have given me a mammogram. The doctor even told me at the clinic that a mammogram is part of the whole check up routine most of the time.
    My old GP who left at christmas had told me that yearly mammograms are definitely safe. This was when I asked her about radiation from them.

I'm thinking of rescheduling this one, pushing it out any few weeks at all will give me a bit more peace of mind. (I know you said a few weeks won't make a difference but it's just the way my head is thinking at the moment). But I don't want to be here again in 12 months time with the same issue. I'll need to talk to my current GP about my breast HA and tell her I need help not to be falling down this rabbit hole every year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information