Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: My legal battle has begun

Re: My legal battle has begun

I often think it must be hard for a psychiatrist to differentiate between MH diagnoses when a lot of conditions overlap and spectrums are so wide ranging. i suppose it depends on the psychiatrist's specialty as to which diagnosis is meted out!

True. I didn't learn about it till the ex got diagnosed with it!

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    True. I didn't learn about it till the ex got diagnosed with it!
    Blimey...That must have been an awful time for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I tend to agree actually. A recent study suggested that past infection gives an immunity of around 83%, this lasts for at least 5 months and quite possibly longer.

Confirmed cases should at the very most be given one dose, there’s little point in wasting hundreds of thousands of life saving vaccines on people who are most likely immune anyway. Exceptions could be made for those with a compromised immune system, but for those of a certain age and fitness level, I honestly think that’s a complete waste.
    They’re saying something similar where I’m at as well. Although they’re only saying if you’ve had confirmed Covid within the last three months, that it would not hurt anything to let others be vaccinated first before you get yours. Not that it will hurt you to get vaccinated, but that as doses are short right now, left someone with no immunity get one first.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Blimey...That must have been an awful time for you.
    I had suspicions, but like you I thought all people with NPD were the Trump type or I thought it was his ADHD causing the issues. Turns out it was both. When he didn’t want to deal with his issues anymore, I couldn’t deal with him.

Is it fair that narcists get a bad wrap? It's an incurable personality disorder. I don't like the stigma attached to a narcist. It makes it very difficult for the narcist to discuss their personality disorder openly. The common misconception is all narcissists are at the top end of the scale, and they are unaware of what they're doing, and unable to see themselves to change. That isn't the case at all.

If one knows and accepts they're a narcist, one can study the condition enough to know how ones disorder can affect others. Exactly the same way as those with high functioning autism can. One can't get rid of the way they think, but they can learn how damaging some behaviors may be to avoid them.
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 22-01-21 at 00:52.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    I don’t know if this will help you or not, so I may be wasting my “breath” here. But the people who have had a reaction to the vaccine are people that have previously suffered a reaction in the past that is so severe that they carry an epi pen with them at all times. I’m assuming that’s not you. You’ve had vaccinations before I’m assuming? As a child you must have had the necessary vaccines to keep you healthy and prevent severe diseases. Like MMR, measles, etc. Ever have a severe reaction to those? If not, there’s zero need for allergy testing as a minor food/grass/environmental allergy will have absolutely no effect on the likelihood of a reaction with this vaccine. Truly, it would be a waste of your money to have this testing.
    My GF has to have a certain version of the flu vaccine due to an egg allergy. Like you imply, good chance phil would know as he's into his thirties now.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Once a post is permanently deleted it's gone. This forum uses the vBulletin software. There are other ways as the page might have been cached by waybackmachine.com
    Then can also undelete threads as they have in the past.

Is it fair that narcists get a bad wrap? It's an incurable personality disorder. I don't like the stigma attached to a narcist. It makes it very difficult for the narcist to discuss their personality disorder openly. The common misconception is all narcissists are at the top end of the scale, and they are unaware of what they're doing, and unable to see themselves to change. That isn't the case at all.

If one knows and accepts they're a narcist, one can study the condition enough to know how ones disorder can affect others. Exactly the same way as those with high functioning autism can. One can't get rid of the way they think, but they can learn how damaging some behaviors may be to avoid them.
    An interesting point, James. Narcissists will automatically be biased against as they impact on others. BPD will often get a bad wrap because their extreme problems overlap onto others.

So it's not black & white. If we think it is then aren't we making assumptions? Hence the scale. Trying to understand is an important stage of understanding why people do things so we try to rehabilitate. Otherwise it's back to the days of very severe punishment.

Some groups have victims. Victims should matter. So it's very hard when you have people created by their environment and they have victims. Imagine the things many asylum seekers have seen? Or done?

I don't think comparisons between people like Trump and Bundy are comparable. I also dislike the current comparisons in our time between Hitler and right wing leaders. They are simple not on the same scale.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 22-01-21 at 05:25. Reason: Typo

Thats what I was saying James...when my ex dealt with his PD, he was fine. When he stopped, he was not. There are really inherently no “good” or “bad” people. We all have our strengths and weaknesses; it’s how we deal or don’t deal with them or how we use them that are key.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information