Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: My legal battle has begun

Re: My legal battle has begun

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    On the contrary, I don't think this post is out of order in the least. You display a total disregard for anyone else's welfare on this site and I would suggest by extension in your 3D life too. You need help Phil, though in order to receive it, you would first need to recognise a problem exists.
    <fx: stands, claps.>

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Wow I think that post is out of order. I simply asked to discuss yearly vaccines for the at risk and if people agree since they are keen to have me jabbed. To think I wish anybody on a ventilator is madness!
    I dont get why you are discussing this when there is simply no answers yet. Just wait a few months, see how these vaccinations go and then discuss it. There are so many unknowns at the moment - we do not know how long the vaccine will last, whether yearly jabs are needed or not needed, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

You're going to drive yourself insane continually debating things that a) we do not know the answer too and b) have not been decided yet

In the meantime, personally I would make sure you are protecting yourself and others around you by masking up, and vaccinating when the call comes (oh and not booking a cruise which is a literal petri dish of germs floating around the ocean unless you're prepared to be vaccinated and safe).

Quote Originally Posted by Squishchips View Post
    I dont get why you are discussing this when there is simply no answers yet. Just wait a few months, see how these vaccinations go and then discuss it. There are so many unknowns at the moment - we do not know how long the vaccine will last, whether yearly jabs are needed or not needed, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

You're going to drive yourself insane continually debating things that a) we do not know the answer too and b) have not been decided yet

In the meantime, personally I would make sure you are protecting yourself and others around you by masking up, and vaccinating when the call comes (oh and not booking a cruise which is a literal petri dish of germs floating around the ocean unless you're prepared to be vaccinated and safe).
    You are correct there is too many unknowns right now so I can agree to disagree so to speak. My frustration is we are almost a year into this and we have no idea what life will look like and if it will return to normal. They told us each month it would be summer xmas ect but that wasn’t true. I notice they are not over promising now though. I mean I read 95% of care homes are vaccinated yet they still have issues. I am just off phone to citizens advice after a long call and they don’t know much either. Now like I say I have anxiety about the future often people predict stuff but I know it’s speculation but it would help put my mind at rest if people have a rough guess at when we might have answers to this stuff..at a push I read BBC’s saying we will know the vaccine effects by “Spring”. So yeah I’m just looking for some understanding that well life has never been so uncertain since maybe what the world wars? The guy on the phone said he can’t see an end in sight to it either which is also very true.

You are correct there is too many unknowns right now so I can agree to disagree so to speak. My frustration is we are almost a year into this and we have no idea what life will look like and if it will return to normal. They told us each month it would be summer xmas ect but that wasn’t true
    "The war will be over by Christmas."

You are correct there is too many unknowns right now so I can agree to disagree so to speak. My frustration is we are almost a year into this and we have no idea what life will look like and if it will return to normal. They told us each month it would be summer xmas ect but that wasn’t true. I notice they are not over promising now though. I mean I read 95% of care homes are vaccinated yet they still have issues. I am just off phone to citizens advice after a long call and they don’t know much either. Now like I say I have anxiety about the future often people predict stuff but I know it’s speculation but it would help put my mind at rest if people have a rough guess at when we might have answers to this stuff..at a push I read BBC’s saying we will know the vaccine effects by “Spring”. So yeah I’m just looking for some understanding that well life has never been so uncertain since maybe what the world wars? The guy on the phone said he can’t see an end in sight to it either which is also very true.
    You're going to drive yourself mad (and everyone around you) trying to find answers that simply aren't there. This is a situation where you just have to accept there is no known answer.

I get wanting to know the future, really I do but the simple answer is - we don't know.

This is a new virus that has decimated peoples lives / families / livelihoods - we've seen some countries handle it brilliantly (though they are more equipped e.g. smaller / more land mass / better government in power than our shower of .. / people more willing to wear masks without issue as that's their daily life anyway etc), and we've now got a beacon of light with a vaccine but we need to wait to see how many people actually have it and how well it works.

If you need a timeframe, I'm going to tentatively suggest September as a time when most are vaccinated and we'll have a better idea of what's going on.

I would say you need to be aware of other people especially on a forum like this - I do not go into too much detail in my situation as I do not want to trigger anyone - please be mindful that we have incredibly anxious people all wanting the same answers as you but who also have an opinion rightfully so on other issues such as wearing a mask / vaccinating / booking a holiday vs trying to stay afloat in this nightmare

debate that please
    No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    An interesting point, James. Narcissists will automatically be biased against as they impact on others. BPD will often get a bad wrap because their extreme problems overlap onto others.

So it's not black & white. If we think it is then aren't we making assumptions? Hence the scale. Trying to understand is an important stage of understanding why people do things so we try to rehabilitate. Otherwise it's back to the days of very severe punishment.

Some groups have victims. Victims should matter. So it's very hard when you have people created by their environment and they have victims. Imagine the things many asylum seekers have seen? Or done?

I don't think comparisons between people like Trump and Bundy are comparable. I also dislike the current comparisons in our time between Hitler and right wing leaders. They are simple not on the same scale.
    I definitely agree with your last paragraph Terry.

It's like comparing apples with oranges, and Hitler, as abhorrent as he was (and still is), was a product of his time.

I also don't like the way many people try to liken the present time to the 1930s, which were by far, worlds apart from today.

since they are keen to have me jabbed
    I don't give a flying fig if you refuse to be vaccinated actually Phil, what I care about is that you can't see the consequences of not being vaccinated and seem unable to understand that if you choose not to (which IS entirely your choice) then it may mean that you are not going to be able to take part in some of life's jollies.

I am just off phone to citizens advice after a long call and they don’t know much either.
    You rang Citizens Advice asking them when the pandemic would be over and your life would be back to normal ???? Sorry, but , Phil, really. Did you expect them to know ? Really ?

NOBODY knows, NOBODY has any answers. I know its hard, and you want an answer, but you aren't alone, as so does the rest of humanity !
    Last edited by Carys; 22-01-21 at 17:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I don't give a flying fig if you refuse to be vaccinated actually Phil, what I care about is that you can't see the consequences of not being vaccinated and seem unable to understand that if you choose not to (which IS entirely your choice) then it may mean that you are not going to be able to take part in some of life's jollies.

You rang Citizens Advice asking them when the pandemic would be over and your life would be back to normal ???? Sorry, but , Phil, really. Did you expect them to know ? Really ?
    I am happy to hear the arguments for vaccination and let’s be honest I am not top of the list so I may still get it and even if I refuse i imagine you could either book it again or go private to go abroad? And no I contacted them about saga.

And no I contacted them about saga.
    Oh ok, thank goodness, although the thought of it did make me laugh.

The arguments FOR this vaccination are the same as with any mass vaccination. Google for them, you'll have lots to read about herd immunity and the diseases that have been eradicated from society.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information