Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing a front tooth. Feeling horrible at the moment.

Re: Losing a front tooth. Feeling horrible at the moment.

My Dad works in the dental trade, it's amazing what can be done in terms of dentures and so on, so much so you wouldn't be able to tell that they aren't real so try not to worry 👍

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post

I asked the dentist if I have to lose the tooth what are the options? She said "denture". Freaking out to be honest. I'm 36 I shouldn't be losing teeth like this. Messed up.
    Get the false clackers in James. My mother had the lot out when she was in her late 30s. I have fond memories of seeing them fizzing away in the bathroom. (stimmy)

Dentures, these days, look the business but there are other options, though more costly I'd imagine?

I have a crown and it's starting to look a bit lost given that I appear to be turning into Shergar as I get older, so my dentist is wafting words around like 'root canal' to which I reply, 'Slap another crown on the stump cocker. Be fine.'

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Get the false clackers in James. My mother had the lot out when she was in her late 30s. I have fond memories of seeing them fizzing away in the bathroom. (stimmy)

Dentures, these days, look the business but there are other options, though more costly I'd imagine?

I have a crown and it's starting to look a bit lost given that I appear to be turning into Shergar as I get older, so my dentist is wafting words around like 'root canal' to which I reply, 'Slap another crown on the stump cocker. Be fine.'
    I said to my dentist today "Please, just book me in to have them all out I'm fed up of them". She told me "We are not allowed to remove good teeth.

I got told today it needs to be extracted. Apparently this brand of dentist is only offering patients extractions due to COVID regulations.

I said to the lady "But you said I can have a crown and if need be a root canal". She then said "We can only do emergency extractions at the moment".

I asked her if this is the same for everyone, or just me because my tooth is damaged and she said a lot of people are in my shoes because of COVID.

How true is any of this?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Feeling so low today because of this. I'm moving in the right direction in many other ways but this has knocked me for 6.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I said to my dentist today "Please, just book me in to have them all out I'm fed up of them". She told me "We are not allowed to remove good teeth.
    Not when they can still make money out of them...

To be fair, I don't know. I'm being a cynical cow.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Not when they can still make money out of them...

To be fair, I don't know. I'm being a cynical cow.
    You could be right. On the other side of the west midlands my soon-to-be-sister-in-law managed to get a filling - she was paying.

☪️️

You could be right. On the other side of the west midlands my soon-to-be-sister-in-law managed to get a filling - she was paying.

We have a family member who works at a dentist, believe me, you can have any treatment privately during the pandemic.

I had a tooth pulled in November and I'm going back next month for some further treatment/issues. I guess it depends on the dentist.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    We have a family member who works at a dentist, believe me, you can have any treatment privately during the pandemic.
    My hygienist wanted £35 PPE cost on top of the £50 for her to spend three minutes with the descaler..

Don't think so!

Wtf was she wearing for £35 quid a throw?

You can buy a disposable suit online for about £7 and disposable masks are about a tenner for 50. They won't be using a new visor each time - they'll just wipe it down. So how do they justify charging people £35 quid (plus) for this? It's outrageous!

Some people have been charged £50 PPE charge!

My Dentist is a thief the only reason I go now is for a toof clean and a perv he is a bit of a spunka

I had extensive chopper work done in Thailand a hellava lot cheaper than here,the thieves.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information