Hello

I've been getting a discomfort in the left side of my neck for some time, its not a crick, or a stiff neck or from sleeping funny, it feels inner, structural. So I am worried that it is my arteries furring up or something dreadful.

Coincidentally, I have worn glasses for ages - reluctantly so they aren't a constant feature, but so I can see to read or type etc. I've often felt a dint behind my ears where the glasses arm sits, but never had pain from them. Got new glasses early December and did point it out but she said it can often happen but doesn't cause any problems.

However the new glasses are either sitting at a different point or tighter, and are causing definite discomfort predominantly behind the left ear, so much so I have to angle them right up so that I can see but they aren't in the same position. I need to go back in the next few days and ask them to adjust them. I wonder if the 2 things are related?

Has anybody had similar? My obvious thought about the neck is something catastrophic and I don't want to link them at risk of ignoring something I should be getting checked out.
Thank you in advance x