Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Convinced I have breast cancer, GP won't listen!

Re: Convinced I have breast cancer, GP won't listen!

Hi Danni,

I definitely think your HA could be causing the aches and pains.

When I was focused on my breasts I used to notice every ache and twinge but it's because I was focusing on them. It's perfectly normal for them to ache and be painful they are full of glands and very sensitive to hormone changes. I am also very big busted and I think that can sometimes cause discomfort in itself.

In terms of anxiety, to give you an example, I am going out of my mind waiting on blood test results at the moment. Initially I thought the GP was just doing a FBC and clotting screen but turns out she's also added in Kidney and LFT. Ever since I had the blood test I've had aching around my back and down one side, so instantly I'm jumping to the "what's wrong with my Kidney's" question.

The reality is I am probably causing this because I'm super stressed waiting for the results. I am actually just ignoring it as I'm anxious enough without adding other things into the mix but the point is I think anxiety is capable of causing pretty much any symptom, particularly if we are thinking about it.

I did a CBT session this morning and the therapist reminded me of a common way to see how your body can respond to something and cause symptoms. She started talking about Nits, purely because she wanted to see how many people would start scratching or fidgeting. It was amazing, virtually everyone did and just because she was talking about it and everyone associates them with itching and discomfort.

Anxious thoughts are very powerful and create a lot of physical symptoms.

Take care

Re: Convinced I have breast cancer, GP won't listen!

Would like to thank everyone again for their replies. Just thought I would update everyone on the situation:

I called my GP today and she's referring me to a breast clinic for an ultrasound. Should take 2-4 weeks which is a bit of a shame (more waiting means more worrying) but at least I'll be getting concrete proof as to whether there's anything cancerous or non-cancerous there. My GP believes the changes are just hormonal and the chances of it being cancer are extremely slim but obviously you'll all know that verbal reassurance isn't normally enough for us. She also recommended primrose oil for the pain which I'm keen to try.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information