Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Constant twitch in Eye bag area

Re: Constant twitch in Eye bag area

Hey Solly, you are definitely NOT alone in this one. Back in 2018, I had a constant eye bag twitch for almost a week straight. It felt like it would never end but trust me, nothing is permanent. It could definitely get really annoying at times but it does go away. And like a couple months ago I had a bag twitch for like 4 days straight. Mine had to have been stress related.

Thank you all for your replies
    it is constant, like a nerve twitching all the time, not like a normal eye twitch that comes and goes, and obviously below the eye, and that is what I can’t understand and what worries me.
    can I ask for those who have had something like this was yours constant? Could it be anxiety or dry eyes do you think? I am now worrying that it could be the start of hemifacial spasm. Please respond as I am really struggling

Thank you for your reply. Was yours a constant twitch, what do you think caused it and how did you get rid of it?

No I mean constant no breaks!! What was yours like when you had it please

Please, please can anyone help me as I am so very worried about this eye bag twitch. It was constant for a week, and I mean constant, I used a hot compress on my eye and it went away for a couple of days but it is back again, the nerve jumps and then it just starts twitching without stopping. I am so scared it is the start of hemifacial spasm or something else serious. Please can anyone tell me they have had this. NOT an eye twit h but in the area under the eye. Anything, anybody please. Thank you all

....but.....it went away for a couple of days and then came back......doesn't that prove something ?

Sorry I am not sure what you mean. What are you thinking? I am worried about hemifacial spasm and not sure if that can be intermittent.

Well, if you did something like warm compresses and it improved, then that can happen (go away) again given the right conditions. I've just looked up the spasms you mentioned and they aren't dangerous or life-threatening anyway. From what I've just read, as an objective person and not a HA person, it affects other muscles and can 'screw up' / affect all one side of the face, not just a little tic under the eye ball area. There are many images of how people look with this condition.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/twitching-eyes-and-muscles/

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I do have HA and I just don’t understand what this is as it is different from a normal eye twitch so this is why I am getting so worried about this and would love to understand if someone else had this and what the outcome was

Loads of people have had it, I told you myself that for a full year, on and off, I had it once. A search on here will show you just how common it is. Its nothing, its muscles and nerves being 'upset' (if you like, for want of a medical term). Stress, caffeine, tiredness, physical factors like squinting/pressing/bothering the area can cause it too. Yours has come and gone, and to be honest, it hasn't even been that long judging by the length of time some people have talked about this happening. You are imagining that your 'tic' is different to anybody else who has had it, it isn't, I'm sure.

I had it for a full week a couple of weeks ago, then it was intermittent and then stopped for a couple of weeks but it is back now constant.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information