Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at getting a doggie :)

Re: Looking at getting a doggie :)

Re: Looking at getting a doggie

I have always had dogs in my life. I had a Staffie a few years ago, unfortunately I couldn't keep her so she's with a friend of mine now. I loved and still love her lots.
    I lost my mum 18 months ago, she had her baby, Kitsu. A foxy white chihuahua. I personably wasn't into little dogs or rats as I used to call them. I didn't like the yapping. (mean, I know, still loved her though) Well she is 9 years old now, I took her on after mum passed. She is the most loving, cute little character. I was so wrong. She doesn't yap a lot, but does suffer with little dog syndrome!! She doesn't need much walking so it works well with my agoraphobia. She gives me attention when I crave it, as if she knows how I'm feeling. I wouldn't be without her now. She's a great companion.

I hope all goes well with your little pooch, looking forward to reading the updates. xx

We've got 2 staffies. They were rescued. They're the most obedient dogs. One is the mother, the other is her daughter. They're inseparable and share the same crate. Even if one is in the other room and the door is closed the other will pace back and forth.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Exciting news! Look forward to hearing who gets to join your family! X

One of the reasons why dogs make good pets is because they help with loneliness and it did help you when you loss your mom. Happy to hear you're loving your pet now. =) Looking forward in getting additional pet?

Quote Originally Posted by meltedchic View Post
    One of the reasons why dogs make good pets is because they help with loneliness and it did help you when you loss your mom. Happy to hear you're loving your pet now. =) Looking forward in getting additional pet?
    You may have me confused with someone else My mom passed in 2017. My wife and I have a Pixie Bob cat and are looking to bring a puppy into the family. Our boy certainly was a comfort during my cancer journey and has been a wonderful part of our lives. He's 10 now and doing well.

We're currently approved to adopt with a local rescue and they've been sending us pups to check out. They're a shepherd rescue and have many puppies currently. We're looking for a female and preferably a mix with lab/collie/aussie etc. I had a Shepherd/Collie mix and she was a great dog. My wife walks 3-4 miles in the morning and we hike so we're wanting a medium sized dog (30-40lbs or so full grown) that would be company for my wife and get me off my butt and back out into nature. We live a mile from the Shenandoah National Park and I need to get back up there.

So we're taking our time and eventually, the perfect pup will come along and getting a baby will make it easier for our cat to adjust as he'll be able to set some limits. We had adopted a senior terrier/chihuahua mix and were told he was cat friendly. That didn't turn out to be the case at all and had to return him :(

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 20-04-21 at 13:06.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So... it turns out both pups we applied for were being screened for homes but one, the one we met last month at a meet and greet, is now available as the family is just too unsure about her. We really liked her and my wife fell in love and that's all she's been talking about. "I want to get one like the one we met". She's close by and the foster contacted us today. We're going to make arrangements to meet here at the park by our house Friday evening. I just need to speak with the foster mom and make arrangements and I have a few questions as well. This is her. Currently, her name is Tayen but we'll re-name her. I'll let my wife do that. When we met her, she was so sweet and the description fit her. A bit shy and timid which would be beneficial with our cat.

Keeping our fingers crossed. Oh yeah... we made arrangements to have a new fence put up. The current fence is 4ft. We'll be putting a 6' fence all the way around the back yard which will not only be great for the doggie but block the view of the messy neighbors yards on either side of us

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Oh she is adorable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Oh she is adorable!
    I know right? We're meeting her Friday at 6pm. We can take a walk with her around the park, and I have a sneaky suspicion we'll be writing a check to cover the adoption fees The foster mom said she has some pointer in her and she'll end up being around 40lbs full grown. She's around 15 pounds currently. If all goes well, we'll wait a day or two to prepare (get food and crate for downstairs, toys etc.). She's crate trained, 95% housetrained and from what the foster mom said, as sweet as can be.

I'll keep you updated. I'm actually excited They say fate has something to do with getting a furry friend and the fact she was unavailable and all of a sudden is, speaks volumes. I asked and she said the family was deciding between two pups and took the other so....

And BTW... we're thinking "Tasha" for a name And I know her nickname will be 'TeeTee' Our boy is Socrates but he's been "BooBoo" since I've had him and he answers to and recognizes both

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 20-04-21 at 21:03.

She is so adorable!!! I love her sweet little face!! Crossing fingers all goes well for you Friday!

Soooooo... we met her tonight and she really is the sweetest little girl. Very shy and reserved which is good because that will allow our cat to be the dominant alpha. She's beautiful too! We're picking her up tomorrow morning

Positive thoughts

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information