Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at getting a doggie :)

Re: Looking at getting a doggie :)

If it is a torn meniscus, some tears can heal on their own as long as they aren't too big. It's it's a big tear, it's an MRI and then arthroscopic surgery. I speak from experience :/

I fell on my knee last year and couldn’t straighten it for about 4 weeks. It was horrible at the time but then it just got better. Hope you’re does soon too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks... Yeah... I've already read about worse case scenarios. It can take 6-8 weeks to totally heal. When it happened, I didn't hear a pop or anything, just excruciating pain for a few minutes. I was able to get up and walk over to a bench and then walk 1/4 mile back to the car. I iced it as soon as I got home and there was very little swelling. Like I said, I can straighten it, squat down, negotiate steps and such.

We'll see. I'll give it some time, continue icing it a few times a day, use the topical and wear the elastic support. If it's not much better by the end of the month, I'll call the doctor. We're due for our yearly physicals anyway so....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yeah, the best thing will be to stay off of it and just let it be and see how much you can heal it naturally. Remember, good proteins, foods rich in fiber, zinc and vitamin C aide in healing, so make sure you're keeping your diet as healthy as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Yeah, the best thing will be to stay off of it and just let it be and see how much you can heal it naturally. Remember, good proteins, foods rich in fiber, zinc and vitamin C aide in healing, so make sure you're keeping your diet as healthy as possible.
    Thanks AV... we always eat pretty healthy, take supplements etc.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Ouch! I don't know much about human knees but I know entirely too much about dog knees after my dog's surgery last year

Nice to hear Tasha is doing well! My dog is 7 and he's very smart but still struggles with focus, I think he has ADHD on top of all of his other issues, lol.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    Ouch! I don't know much about human knees but I know entirely too much about dog knees after my dog's surgery last year

Nice to hear Tasha is doing well! My dog is 7 and he's very smart but still struggles with focus, I think he has ADHD on top of all of his other issues, lol.
    When we're home, Tasha is incredibly focused and treat motivated. She's very smart and learns quick but that all goes out the window when we're out. She's very easily distracted by everything around her... sounds, sights, smells, people, other dogs etc. Treats sometimes work but when she's set on something, it's like she's in a trance or something! ~lol~ But we're getting there.

She's getting spayed and chipped in a couple weeks and I think we'll sign her up for some training. She could learn as well as my wife and I. Her latest (and funny thing) is grabbing the leash in her mouth and walking us! She seems so proud doing it too!

Positive thoughts

Things are going well. Tasha is really turning out to be a great doggie. She goes in to be spayed and chipped next week. She'll be 6 months old in a couple of days and has doubled in size and weight in the two months we've had her.

The knee (crossing my fingers) is getting better and I think my inkling was correct in that it was just a strain or sprain. Still icing it, applying topical and ibuprofen but definitely better.

All in all, we're having a blast with this crazy girl. She's a sweetheart

FMP

Good to hear, FMP!! Happy belated Father's Day, also!

All is going well. The knee is healing. Still hurts but there's positive progress day by day. Tasha is doing well and growing! She goes in next week to be spayed and chipped. I'm curious to see her 'official' weight as we've estimated 35lbs (weigh ourselves and weigh ourselves holding her). She's really a sweet and loving girl and we really are blessed to have her in our life. She's certainly brought a lot of joy and laughs. Ohhh..... We gave her a middle name. Our Pixie Bob cat is named 'Socrates Ulysses'. We've decided to make Tasha's official middle name 'Elizabeth'. It's funny, today, Socrates was laying on the back of the chair looking out the window and Tasha wanted to get up there with him and I told her 'No, leave him alone'. She insisted and I said 'Tasha Elizabeth... leave him alone!' in a stern voice. She listened and went and laid down in her crate It's funny how the same techniques we used with our children work with our fur babies

FMP

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information