Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at getting a doggie :)

Re: Looking at getting a doggie :)

Fantastic! Can’t wait to hear all about her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Soooooo... we met her tonight and she really is the sweetest little girl. Very shy and reserved which is good because that will allow our cat to be the dominant alpha. She's beautiful too! We're picking her up tomorrow morning

Positive thoughts
    Mazeltov!! Send pics!

We signed the papers and 'Tasha" (which means Birthday in Russia) is home with us. She's incredibly sweet. We'll do a DNA test on her but we know Mom is a Shepherd mix and we believe Dad is an Australian Cattle Dog based on the markings. Socrates saw her and is very curious but Tasha is rather indifferent which is good. We'll let her de-compress and get comfortable and do slow intros. I think we'll be good

I took the pic down because it was huge. I'll figure it out....

Positive thoughts and puppies!
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 26-04-21 at 20:36.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Oh hi Tasha! What a sweetheart.

Awwww. Welcome to NPM Tasha.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Awwww

UPDATE: So far, things are good with Tasha. She's warming up to us nicely and being really lovey dovey with me She's definitely melting my heart. We've had a couple minor potty incidents but thankfully we have pee pee pads. We've taken her to the River Park the last couple of days, got a good walk in and let her run in the doggie enclosures. I have to get some video as she gets the Zoomies big time and it's fun to watch. My wife goes around 30 or so yards away and Tasha just zooms back and forth between us until she nearly collapses. We just got back a little while ago and she's passed out upstairs. My wife walked with her close to 4 miles this morning and she handled it like a champ. It's also gotten me off my butt and that's good for me despite feeling like I got run over! Later this week we'll be doing some controlled interactions with Socrates. So far, they've seen each other several times. They both seem curious and thankfully, Tasha is showing zero aggression. I think she just wants to say hi TBH.

She's really a sweet doggie and it will be fun growing with her. I'm signing up for obedience classes and we'll be starting them in a couple weeks as well. She already knows 'sit' and my wife taught her 'down'. She's definitely treat motivated! Oh yeah... I also ordered one of those food bowls that helps them eat slower because she literally will inhale 2 cups of food in a minute or less! That should help her slow down and actually enjoy her meal ~lol~

I'll keep you posted and find a way to post pics and vids so you can see her.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 26-04-21 at 21:12.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

UPDATE: Day 5 with Tasha and she's doing great. No potty accidents the last three days and she's adjusting nicely. We're slowing down the long walks because she's a little too young to be doing 3-4 miles so we're just doing the mile or so around the park up the street and taking her to the dog park to get the zoomies out. She knows how to sit and I taught her 'down'. We're working on 'shake' and 'stay'. She's very treat motivated so that helps. She's still very timid, shy and unsure about a lot of things but as she gains confidence, that will improve. The best part is it appears she doesn't have an aggressive bone in her body. She has such a sweet personality and she's such a pretty girl. When we walk her, so many people comment on how pretty she is and ask about her.

Things with Socrates are pretty good considering. It's obvious he's a little stressed about this new 'thing' in 'his' house as he's shedding a bit more and has taken refuge under the bed a few times but he's getting better. Tasha, while curious, could care less and Socrates while cautious, is curious. Right now he's on the chair in his window spot and she's on the floor next to the chair.... both are out cold I think we're going to be fine.

Positive thoughts

It all sounds great FMP. Really pleased for all of you.

UPDATE: One week in with the girlie and things are going really good! No accidents since last Monday, she's learned 'sit', 'stay', 'down', 'up', 'show me paw' and 'show me other paw' (she's very smart and treat motivated). Things with Socrates are going quite well and they've been interacting since last Wednesday with no negative issues. This morning, Tasha was on the floor, conked out from her morning walk and backyard zoomies and Socrates came up and was nose to nose with her, he then came up with me and cuddled with Tasha just under him on the floor. I think we're in good shape

She really is a very smart and sweet little girl! Ohhh yeah... on the 22nd she was at the vet and weighed 18.4lbs. I weighed her today and she's 21lbs! She's growing fast! We'll actually need to get a new collar and harness in the next few weeks!

Positive thoughts

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information