Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at getting a doggie :)

Re: Looking at getting a doggie :)

Well, I pulled an FMP. I was running in the yard playing with my cat and my nephew, and tripped, dodged the cat, and wiped out. I caught myself on my knees and left arm. Nothing is broken, but I strained the hell out of that inner tendon that goes from your inner elbow to your wrist. I’m typing this one-handed as I can’t straighten my arm :/

FMP: 0. Vee: 0 Gravity: 2

Glad your knee is on the mend FMP.
    Oh Vee! Hope you don’t feel too bad for long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Well, I pulled an FMP. I was running in the yard playing with my cat and my nephew, and tripped, dodged the cat, and wiped out. I caught myself on my knees and left arm. Nothing is broken, but I strained the hell out of that inner tendon that goes from your inner elbow to your wrist. I’m typing this one-handed as I can’t straighten my arm :/

FMP: 0. Vee: 0 Gravity: 2
    Pulled a FMP eh? That sucks Vee... you know the drill... Ice, ibuprofen and topicals. Yesterday my wife was walking Tasha and they ran into a person walking their chihuahua. Tasha got all excited and wanted to play. I'm not sure exactly what happened but she ended up falling on her butt right on the coccyx! She needs a pillow to sit!

Thanks Scass... definitely feeling better. It's been a little over two weeks and I know it can take 6-8 weeks to fully heal. I lucked out on this one

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So Tasha got spayed and chipped yesterday. She did well with the surgery but she's been pretty much out of it from the pain meds and has been sleeping a lot. But she's eating, drinking and going potty so we're good We have to keep her chill for the next week to help with healing and she'll go back to have the sutures removed in around 10 days.

It's interesting too in that Socrates seems to sense she's not feeling well and has gone over to her several times as if he's checking up on her

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Thanks guys! Today is my first day being able to type with two hands again! LOL

That's so cute about Socrates! He's being a good nurse

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Thanks guys! Today is my first day being able to type with two hands again! LOL

That's so cute about Socrates! He's being a good nurse
    Glad you're feeling better Vee.... I feel like I hit a brick wall with the knee. It's certainly better after three weeks but something just isn't right. I'm going to give it a few more weeks as it typically takes 6-8 weeks to heal. If it's still giving me issues after that I'll bite the bullet and get it checked out.

We're three days out from surgery on the girlie and she's doing good. They outfitted her with a body suit to keep her from getting to the incision and the sutures are healing well. I think I'm going to take that off of her this weekend. She's been on pain meds every 12 hours and we have one dose left. We've purposely allowed that 12 hours to grow by a few hours and she's done fine. We have one dose left and she'll get that later today.

And yeah... Socrates has been much more tolerant of her the last few days. He was on the chair looking out the window and she got up on the chair, put her face right into him and other than having a look of total disgust on his face, he just let her nuzzle him. Usually, he'll swat her away but he definitely senses something different.

Positive thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Glad you're feeling better Vee.... I feel like I hit a brick wall with the knee. It's certainly better after three weeks but something just isn't right. I'm going to give it a few more weeks as it typically takes 6-8 weeks to heal. If it's still giving me issues after that I'll bite the bullet and get it checked out.

We're three days out from surgery on the girlie and she's doing good. They outfitted her with a body suit to keep her from getting to the incision and the sutures are healing well. I think I'm going to take that off of her this weekend. She's been on pain meds every 12 hours and we have one dose left. We've purposely allowed that 12 hours to grow by a few hours and she's done fine. We have one dose left and she'll get that later today.

And yeah... Socrates has been much more tolerant of her the last few days. He was on the chair looking out the window and she got up on the chair, put her face right into him and other than having a look of total disgust on his face, he just let her nuzzle him. Usually, he'll swat her away but he definitely senses something different.

Positive thoughts

Yeah, it's been a week since I wiped out, but I'm still in the wrist brace. Doc told me it could take up to 8 weeks to feel completely normal again just like your knee :/ Which makes me mad at myself because I have a lot of things around the house that I wanted to get done.

I'm glad Tasha is on the mend. Yes, animals can sense injuries. Mine have been very careful of my arm.

So Tasha did great with her spay. Had the stiches out last Saturday. We still have to keep her relatively calm but she's doing great. Should be able to let her get zoomies out by the weekend. Getting so big too! She's a very sweet doggie, has no issues with the crate, house trained, smart (although we do need to get her some obedience training) and as loving as she can be. She's a wonderful addition to our family

We had a friend stop by the other day and she still has that timid, very cautious approach to new people she meets. She went up to him but was very cautious and backed away when she felt he was being too friendly. But within 15 minutes or so as she sensed all was good, she was fine. I think socialization skills will help with the training.

Positive thoughts

Training class will probably help. Another thing to try is to have guests ignore her (not even eye contact) but drop treats. Treats will build up a positive association with strangers, being ignored takes the pressure off of her. As she starts to warm up, slowly have them offer a hand for her to sniff, or a scratch under the chin, still keeping eye contact minimal and rewarding any bravery she shows. She may also be in a fear period.

Good to hear she got through the spay - I remember when my girl pup was spayed she was so tired and so sore she fell asleep standing up. I've now been through a few surgeries with my boy who has all the issues and it's always hard at first but so awesome once you get through those first few days
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

UPDATE: Just weighed the girl and she's 40lbs! She's going to be a big girl! She really is a sweet doggie though. Well behaved and smart as a whip! It's interesting... This is the first dog I've had since my 20's and I had forgotten how totally unique they are. I'm truly enjoying having her in our lives

Positive thoughts

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information