Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at getting a doggie :)

Re: Looking at getting a doggie :)

Just coming for a furry update. My dog has been for her morning walk and is back to snoring on the sofa.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Just coming for a furry update. My dog has been for her morning walk and is back to snoring on the sofa.
    Tasha is doing great. My wife gets up early and goes for her morning walks ( a couple miles) with her. She's 9 months old now and approaching her mature size. She currently weighs in a close to 50 pounds so she's not a small doggie and she has no clue how big she is. We have a small place so it gets interesting. The only challenge has been getting her to eat. After consulting with the vet (she's totally healthy) and several dog owners (a couple of which are trainers), we've put her on a schedule. No more trying this or that either. She has a food she's eaten and likes and gets it from 8am until 11am. If she doesn't eat, tuff poo. When she's hungry enough she'll eat. Been doing that the last few weeks and she's learning

Other than that everything is good with her. She's crashed out on the sofa as I type this. I go to work later so I take her with me when I drop my wife off at work, then stop at the park for a short walk, pee and poo, then back to the house where she pretty much crashes. She's totally house and crate trained so there are no real issues. Sans a couple of things, she's not been destructive at all. She has her bones which she loves! BTW, there's a brand of chew bones which she loves and they're much better than rawhide. They're called 'Pork Chomps' and they're made with pork skin and 99.9% digestible. She especially loves the roasted flavor.

So all is well with her as well as Socrates. While the two of them are not buddy buddy, they have a very peaceful co-existence. He's curled up on the chair with me now

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It's worked out wonderfully!

We tried Molly with rawhide chews and she always ended up choking on them so we avoid them now. I often wonder if we'd found something more suitable it would have helped her keep more of her teeth. Now she's 11 minus quite a few teeth missing. But she's happy.

Weirdest thing today though, my husband announced that he'd been talking to a woman who has some puppies about getting one from her. Completely threw me, I'd always said I thought we should have another one. But to be suddenly presented with it as a possibility and I don't know what to think.

I'm so pleased the relatively new addition has settled in. I must admit I was a little worried how Socrates was going to be, but looks like that won't be an issue.

The girl just hit 10 months old last week. She's now 50lbs! Probably as big as she'll get but she's a big girl for sure and has no idea how big she is ~lol~ She's very strong, fit and athletic. I take her out on the yard and she gets her zoomies in daily. Fast as all get out!

IMG_0744.jpg

A pic of this afternoon. Brother and Sister totally chilling out

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Aww. That's one mighty sized cat FMP.
    Great picture of the two of them together.

Awww what sweeties!

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Aww. That's one mighty sized cat FMP.
    Great picture of the two of them together.
    Yes Carnation, he's a big boy. He's a very solid 17lbs. His Dad was over 20lbs. As big as Tasha is, he's definitely the alpha of the house and they get along well. A peaceful co-existence.

FMP

Thank you Tasha isn't a terrier, that's for sure! We think she's mostly Australian Cattle Dog. Mom was mostly German Shepherd. Santa is bringing a DNA test for Christmas so we'll get a better idea once we do that. If you're looking to adopt, join a couple of rescues. We were very happy with the one we ended up adopting from. We had a case worker that alerted us of pups that met our criteria. We actually saw Tasha at a meet and greet at a Petco. My wife fell in love with her. She was on a list to adopt so we kept looking but then, the family that was on the list for her decided on another pup and it was a no brainer. She'll be a year old at Christmas and has topped off at 50lbs. She's truly a very good a sweet girl

FMP

Our little lady turned one year old on the 24th. She's officially grown up. Still holding at 50lbs and a very sweet girl. We'll be doing the DNA test on her to see what she's made of soon Here's a pic of her in the coat my wife made her

TashaCoat.jpg

FMP

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information