Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at getting a doggie :)

Re: Looking at getting a doggie :)

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Many of my friends have dogs, and I've noticed the same thing. The mixed breeds and mutts are a lot more stable! The pure breeds were bought for their behavioral breed characteristics, but they seem the most neurotic to me! LOL
    Definitely agree with this Vee. Lexie our black lab is a rescue dog but I'm sure she's got something else in her other than lab. Not wanting to tempt fate but she's never ill, can eat basically anything and has a lovely nature. OK she has some psychological damage from whatever was done to her, she's terrified of fireworks and football on TV sends her hiding upstairs. But she remains a gentle dog.

Good luck FMP, he sounds a lovely little chap and yes photos if you do get him.

We were scheduled to meet the doggie today but sadly and much to my wife's extreme disappointment, a winter storm hit the area, the roads are very icy and a mess and it's much too unsafe to drive the 65 miles to meet him :(

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Definitely go for it with a dog , we had an older cat when we got our first pup a Staffordshire bull terrier , the cat taught the dog to go through the cat flap for his business until he got too big to fit , then he’d rattle the flap if he needed to go out , the heartbreak at the end is well worth it for the loyalty and unconditional love they give you .

Very exciting news. Rescue dogs are the very best. I hope little Diesel gets to come and live with you and that, maybe, you can post some pictures?xxx

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Very exciting news. Rescue dogs are the very best. I hope little Diesel gets to come and live with you and that, maybe, you can post some pictures?xxx
    As I posted... we were supposed to meet him today at noon. Then they delayed it three hours due to a winter storm and by the time we were supposed to leave, the weather was just too dangerous to drive in :( So... we're back to looking and put in a few more applications. We'll see. My wife really wants to do this NOW but I'm fine with waiting until the right one comes along.

We're looking for a small dog, preferably older or a senior that's chill and good with cats as the main thing is that our boy get along with him/her. We won't know until we try but he's pretty chill and social so we'll see.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Aw that stinks!!! I know the disappointment of getting hopes up for a meet and greet and having it fall through for whatever reason. Maybe it means you’re meant to find one closer to home that will be a better fit with your current pets. Still disappointing though!! Looking forward to good news hopefully very soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    As I posted... we were supposed to meet him today at noon. Then they delayed it three hours due to a winter storm and by the time we were supposed to leave, the weather was just too dangerous to drive in :( So... we're back to looking and put in a few more applications. We'll see. My wife really wants to do this NOW but I'm fine with waiting until the right one comes along.

We're looking for a small dog, preferably older or a senior that's chill and good with cats as the main thing is that our boy get along with him/her. We won't know until we try but he's pretty chill and social so we'll see.

Positive thoughts
    Oh no! Did you only have one chance to visit Diesel? Can’t you go when the storm has passed? X

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Oh no! Did you only have one chance to visit Diesel? Can’t you go when the storm has passed? X
    Actually, they called last night after we went to bed and left a message. They stayed overnight due to the weather and we can get to meet him today! So.... I'm going to call her in a bit and we'll take a ride up (about an hour or so) and we'll see. We're bringing a blanket that Socrates sleeps on to see his reaction. I'm in the mindset that animals choose us as much as we choose them so we'll see how he is. We gad gone to meet another dog a month ago and he was a total basket case so you never know but from what the adoption place said and the woman fostering him, he's supposedly pretty sweet.

Positive thoughts

Oh yay!! Good news after all!! I hope it works out today!

We'll see... I have to call her. Right now, it's still very icy out and they extended the Winter Weather advisory so....

Positive thoughts

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information