Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking at getting a doggie :)

Re: Looking at getting a doggie :)

Fingers crossed!

So..... The roads weren't that bad and WE GOT HIM! He's a cute little thing. Smaller than our cat. You can definitely see the Terrier and Chihuahua in him. He's very sweet and friendly. In fact, he asked me to pick him up and I carried him around the Petco when we were buying food and such. We brought a blanket our cat lays on and he sniffed it and rolled around marking it with his scent. That's a good sign as he wasn't put off. We have him in the spare room for now, doors closed. They'll be able to smell each other through the door. We'll keep them separated for a couple days and then introduce them through the child gate on the door. Keeping our fingers crossed as that's the deal breaker if they can't get along. I'll post some pics once things settle down.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

How lovely Fishmanpa. Very exciting for you to have a bundle of fun and new member of the family!

Ooooooooohhhh. This is the best valentines news! I hope he settles and that he and your little cat can reach an understanding. Can’t wait to see pics!

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    little cat
    Socrates is a big boy. A solid 17 pounds! Diesel is maybe 12-14 pounds and visibly smaller. The rescue told me that Diesel likes to be the boss but I can tell you right now that I'm the alpha, followed by Socrates ~lol~ If push comes to shove, Socrates won't take no guff nor will I

Socrates is not happy at the moment. He's been outside the bedroom door meowing. He smelled me and was put off a bit but he just came downstairs to get pets and butt pats and is cuddled up with me so....

I'll tell you though... Diesel really is a sweet little guy. When we got home, my wife took him for a walk and he did his business and I brought everything in. I went up to see him a few minutes ago and he was so affectionate! His breath is rotten though! ~lol~ Like fish... and man... his farts rival mine!

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 14-02-21 at 20:57.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Here you go... Diesel...

Diesel 1.jpg

Diesel 2.jpg

Positive thoughts

What a sweetie. He looks totally at home already. Yeah dogs can be stinky things and there will probably be moments over the coming weeks when you wonder why you did it..... but I’ve always had dogs AND cats and wouldn’t be without either :-)

Diesel looks like he’s making himself right at home!!! Congratulations on your new family member!!

He's gorgeous FMP

Awww, good to hear, FMP! He looks like he's part Jack Russel terrier.

Where are the pics of Socrates?

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information