Thread: Riot fears

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Riot fears

I don't think NI was thought about much by anyone but I also think that says more about how it feels as much connected to us as places like Gibraltar. Even less care about them. Remain or Leave it wasn't a big seller like trade, immigration, economy, liberty, etc.

Some knew just as some voting Remain didn't. I just thought it was all forgotten, it's over the water do not about us. I can't remember seeing NI politicians constantly warning us not to play with this fire but I bet that dominated on their side.

But at some point loyalists are going to start up unless generations breed out the hatred over there. Brexit is just one of the events that could cause it. However why should everyone be held to ransom unable to change because of terrorists? Live in status quo out of fear? That's also wrong. It would mean they daren't trigger the border poll and I think that's their right.

I think your point is very fair. How much time did I invest in thinking about it when I was swinging back & forth? Honestly, not much. Looking around my own city I saw more important issues to me. Sounds bad and yes I think I would consider the border solution more now than I did. Whilst the hard Brexit types only look to winning a victory plenty would listen to both sides and accept leaving much bring years of problems.

I agree though, I hope it doesn't return to terrorism & violence. I got evacuated from schools on more than one occasion and i wouldn't want anyone to experience that.

God knows how to resolve that border. We need not to affect the lives of ordinary people, not violent idiots, but then loyalist ideology will never accept any solution. Only reversing Brexit does it but it's still a ticking time bomb until that border poll.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 05-04-21 at 22:46.

Thread Information