Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
Strange how many people refer to the August 2011 riots as simply the 'London' riots. Yes I know they first started in London, but they did rapidly spread to most other major cities across England, plus obviously demonstrates the prevailing 'London-centricity' of the mass media in general!

Oddly (and fortunately), said disturbances seemed to happen in England only and passed both Scotland and Wales by IIRC.

At least both the BBC and Sky News now seem to have gone quiet over the situation in the Netherlands. Perhaps the disturbances there might now be petering out?
I think its more so to not give people in the UK any ideas. Media over here has a non-functioning protocol where they cause fear when it's not warranted, and hide it when it is.

The only reason I called them "London Riots" is because it went south down there quickly. There was a riot in my town at the time but it lasted about 5 minutes before police shut it down if I recall. It was Blackberry Messenger and the large population of London degenerates that were the biggest problems. London is like Dubai, outside the city it's surrounded by s***.

What's your first image of those times? Mine is the burning furniture store.