Thread: Occasional abdominal pain on the right side. I'm paranoid. Any advice?

Occasional abdominal pain on the right side. I'm paranoid. Any advice?

Hi guys. Basically I had a bad episode of panic attacks about 10-11 days ago. Before then I was feeling reasonably fine. Since my episodes I have had issues with my digestive system.

I was never officially diagnosed with IBS, but many years ago when my anxiety was bad and it messed with my digestive system, I was told by the doctor it could be mild IBS.

I generally get constipated when I get very anxious. But on top of this I cut back on eating as much and start intermittent fasting, which means I go to the toilet less often.

Anyway, on Monday this week I called the Dr and told him about my symptoms. He asked me about this and that, then he prescribed me some pills for IBS which help with it.

I have still been pretty anxious. I am not on meds for my anxiety either. Anyway, to cut a long story short I did have right side back ache, which I even felt when I walked around too much. On top of this I had right side abdominal ache, but mild. I occasionally get a sharpish pain on the right side under my rib too.

The thing is, when I am not concentrating on it, it isn't really noticeable at all. It will still be there, but incredibly mild. The thing is, I do also get a mild pain on my left side too, but not as common as on my right side. If I press on my lower abdomen I feel aching. This is why I'm wondering if it's all anxiety/digestive related.

I did wonder if I had pulled something from lifting weights or something. I was helping a friend last week to move some heavy ish stuff, so I don't know. I mainly took the back ache as maybe a pull of a muscle or something. Or maybe I had run too intently while out running. I am overweight, so there is also that to consider too.

I was wondering if I was being paranoid. With health anxiety it makes me worry about so many issues like diseases or other issues. I know I shouldn't think about that, but I cannot help it with anxiety.

Anyway, I would love to hear your views. Anybody suffered similar with anxiety?

Re: Occasional abdominal pain on the right side. I'm paranoid. Any advice?

I read an interesting story in the news (BBC I think?) where loads of people are complaining of back pain and other muscular pain at the moment and the docs reckon it's because we're in lockdown - it's winter - where people are less active - and are spending more time hunched over laptops and phones...

Re: Occasional abdominal pain on the right side. I'm paranoid. Any advice?

I have been dealing with pain on my right side since last April. I was diagnosed with IBS thirty years ago, but this pain was different and daily.

I waited a while to talk to my doctor about it since I do have IBS. Finally, I had a colonoscopy, a ct scan, and a plain old X-ray. It was the X-ray that showed I was constipated. Things just aren’t moving through like they should.

I take Miralax daily and the doc added IBS meds. I haven’t taken the meds yet. I take so many meds that it worries me. I think I have to gear up emotionally to add another one.

Anyway, that’s my story. I hope it helps. I ended up worrying a lot, having lots of tests, and just being constipated.

Hugs to you!!!

Thread Information