Thread: MS fears - somebody please talk some sense into me!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MS fears - somebody please talk some sense into me!

Hi,

I need someone to talk sense into me please. I am a 45 year old male and I currently fear having MS. Two weeks ago my thumb started twitching noticeably and did so without me moving when lying down. This went away after a day but since I have a variety of additional sensations:

- I get a strange sensation when pressing my fingers together (like the thumb and index finger of the same hand). I can't describe the sensation but it feels like a weakness - I need some concious effort to overcome the sensation before it goes. It does not seem to impact my strenght as such but it's an initial funny feeling.

- I get the similar feeling as above in waves over my forearms and calves without doing anything

- I feel like my muscles in my arm vibrate using them. Similar to the muscles shaking from over using them but it happens immediately. My movements feel less smooth.

- I have a visible tremor in my finders when streching my arms out and try and place my fingers close together

- My hands tingle

- My hand has fallen asleep whilst sleeping twice now

Most of the symptops I get in both arms/hands/legs. The tremors aren't there all the time. This has been going on for two weeks now. I have had an MRI scan of my brain and cervical spine cord 10 years ago which came back normal.
    I am worried that my first scan was my very first attack that hasn't cause enough damage yet to show up. My grand cousin has MS but I know that's almost as relevant as my neighbour having it...

I'm trying hard not to get into a hole here - I did speak to a GP (this was just a telephone appointment) who said I needed to be seen due to the nature of the symptoms which didn't really reassure me...

Cheers!
    Last edited by rathmannm; 24-01-21 at 16:56.

Thread Information