Thread: Waiting on MRI results

Waiting on MRI results

I have had a constant spasm/twitch in my cheek that never stops for a minute for almost 3 weeks now. It has gotten fainter but still there spasming awa. Went to the neurologist and he thought it was strange and maybe a form of a hemifacial spasm but needed to do a MRI to see. Said it could be caused by my facial nerve rubbing against something like my skull or blood vessel. Just had my MRI and freaking about the results. Terrified they are going to find a tumor or even find something unrelated to the spasm. I hate this part the most.

Re: Waiting on MRI results

Hi,

It sounds like you've had a really challenging time of it lately as I imagine you've also been sitting with the anxiety of those spasms as well as the sensation of them that they bring. I'm glad you've managed to have an MRI so at least you'll hopefully have some answers to what's causing them. Do you know when the results are due? What do you usually find helpful when your anxiety is particularly high? Is there someone who can support you through this at home with you?

Well like 15 minutes after I posted this my results were posted in my electronic file (2 hours after my MRI!) which I can look at. All they found was "mild chronic right maxillary sinus disease" which is strange because I've only had one sinus infection and it was years ago. Trying not to read to much into that until I speak to a doctor.

I'm glad you've had the results. That was really fast! The body's weird... I had a CT a few years back and it turns out I had a cyst in the sinus canal in my cheek. I've never had any sinus issues! It may still be there 🤷*♀️

Speaking to your doctor sounds like a good idea and hopefully these spasms will resolve themselves soon seen as though they're already starting to feel a little fainter.

Great MRI result. Hopefully you can relax now.

Thread Information