Thread: Worried about ALS - Someone help calm me UGH!

Worried about ALS - Someone help calm me UGH!

I cannot believe I am here posting. I have had health anxiety for a long time, but never THIS bad with ALS. It started about a year ago. I started having aches and pains in my left arm and slight weakness or "fatigue" in the arm. This is the arm I have carried my almost 3 year old in since birth. I honestly just thought it was from that. But then when I went to the Spine doctor for neck pain she noted to me that I have hyper reflexes. I feel like I have had that my whole life and no one ever mentioned it? But im not positive. Anywho, I googled of course and linked my arm pain and weakness to my hyper reflexes and now I am terrified of ALS. Now my arm feels even weaker and now I am getting twitches all over my body.. arms, legs, shoulder, stomach, eye, belly, everywhere small minor little twitches. I also noticed that when I am scrolling on my phone with my left hand my thumb will shake almost like a tremor?? I think I am wearing my left arm and hand out by using it so much.

I can still pour a milk into a sippy with my left arm (full gallon) and can do things with it normally. It just feels so fatigued when I do use it often. I feel like I am just overusing it at this point trying to prove to myself that its fine and im making it worse. I dont know. UGH! I am miserable and just need to vent.

Re: Worried about ALS - Someone help calm me UGH!

Read THIS as many times as you need to.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you Seeing neurologist in a few days. Praying its nothing but so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by KR21 View Post
    Thank you Seeing neurologist in a few days. Praying its nothing but so scared.
    Seen Neurologist.. awaiting EMG test. Please send positive thoughts and vibes and prayers my way!! Though they said I should not worry and they don’t see any signs I have ALS, my anxiety won’t allow me to believe that until the test is done because I’m scared they overlooked or missed something. Anxiety is fun.

Thread Information