Thread: Head sensations real?

Head sensations real?

Hi, I’ve currently got a couple of real health concerns. When I say real, I mean awaiting the results of mole biopsies and a referral regarding a genetic condition that I may have inherited. This last one could be quite serious and obviously has sent me into a spin. No one has said they really think I have this condition yet but because I have a baby now, I have wanted to get it checked out. I feel like I have lost the ability to know what is real and serious and not anymore.
    I have been getting these odd sensations in my head recently. I have had shooting pains and a sense of heavy pressure throughout my skull. I’ve been going dizzy and feeling like my head will explode. My head has been going slightly cold and tingly at times on one side. I haven’t googled because I’m petrified about what I will find. I’m scared that it will just back up that I’ve got this awful life limiting condition or that something else it wrong. Can these things be caused my anxiety? Has anyone experienced odd head pressure?
    Thank you

Re: Head sensations real?

Quote Originally Posted by Help1989 View Post
    Hi, I’ve currently got a couple of real health concerns. When I say real, I mean awaiting the results of mole biopsies and a referral regarding a genetic condition that I may have inherited. This last one could be quite serious and obviously has sent me into a spin. No one has said they really think I have this condition yet but because I have a baby now, I have wanted to get it checked out. I feel like I have lost the ability to know what is real and serious and not anymore.
    I have been getting these odd sensations in my head recently. I have had shooting pains and a sense of heavy pressure throughout my skull. I’ve been going dizzy and feeling like my head will explode. My head has been going slightly cold and tingly at times on one side. I haven’t googled because I’m petrified about what I will find. I’m scared that it will just back up that I’ve got this awful life limiting condition or that something else it wrong. Can these things be caused my anxiety? Has anyone experienced odd head pressure?
    Thank you
    They can absolutely be caused by anxiety. Well done for not Googling, that would be the worst thing to do right now.

It's most likely it's constant background stress/worry due to the medical tests.

Just for information, most genetic conditions require genes to be expressed to actually happen. Most common reasons for a potential genetic condition to become an actual condition are poor diet, lack of exercise, stress etc.

The best we can all do is look after ourselves physically and mentally (the two are linked) and try not to dwell on worst case scenarios.

I'm sure you'll be fine

I think feelings can be anxiety or psychological. I know when I am worried about a particular illness I sometimes experience sensations that can go when a doctor tells me I'm ok.

A good example of this is when someone mentions head lice. I bet when someone mentions this you itch.

I hope your test results come back ok and try and relax in the meantime.

I'm impressed that you haven't googled, well done. Google wont help your anxiety.

When my anxiety first started, head sensations, pressures etc were my most common symptom. I googled and got WAY more anxious for several months about it. I sometimes get migraines, so the one-sided hot/ cold/ tingly sensations sound a lot like that to me. I also discovered a lot of my pain and pressure was from tight neck muscles, which are very easily brought on by stress. MH issues can change how the brain is wired up, where the blood flows etc. It is normal and some people are more sensitive to it than others.

Try to relax and wait for your results I'm sure you're fine but if anything gets worse, go speak to a doctor about it.

Thread Information