Thread: I'm about at my wit's end with what my bowels are doing to me

I'm about at my wit's end with what my bowels are doing to me

About a month ago, I decided to start eating healthier, cutting out processed foods, and eating more fiber. As someone who's had odd bowel habits my whole life, I figured maybe that would start getting my bowel movements more 'normal'. What I got, instead, was my body basically pulling 'if it's not one thing, it's another'. From rapid transit times and seeing a lot undigested food in the stool, to occasionally seeing pale/white stool that is mixed more normal color and large sections pale in color and mucus covered that goes back to completely normal color in a movement or two, to freaking out at even the slightest hint of red in the movement...basically toilet time has turned into 'dear God, what am I going to see today?'

I know common sense is telling me that it's just my body adjusting to the diet, and it would be an incredibly massive coincidence to start having symptoms of things like colon cancer or blocked bile ducts that coincide with the diet change...but things like the sometimes pale stool I just really can't account for....was I doing something wrong trying to eat healthier?

Re: I'm about at my wit's end with what my bowels are doing to me

When I was working out I constantly had stool change. In fact it changed Completely. Different shapes, size and even colour. It's your body adjusting to the knew intake. Although mine never did get use to it. But I wouldn't worry at all. Unless you have persistant blood and constant pain with weight lose. Then keep doing your thing.

It takes time to adjust to a drastically different way of eating. Everything you’re experiencing is absolutely normal with the dietary changes you’re describing. Eventually things will balance out and you’ll feel so much better overall!

Quote Originally Posted by Perriwen View Post
    I know common sense is telling me that it's just my body adjusting to the diet
    You know this is normal with a change of diet.

I am having this now but I have been working out just about every day and I started eating healthier, freaked me out when I saw a lot of undiegested lettuce in my stool I also have IBS and that is no fun, plus going through the change, yep upping fiber and eating healthier and exercise can make your stool do crazy things, I would suggest a probiotic

Thread Information