Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: continual panic attacks/adrenaline rushes

continual panic attacks/adrenaline rushes

Dear all

I am very desperate and hope that some of you may give me peace of mind. I've been suffering with HA for multiple years. This time, however, its different. For the last week or so, I have been suffering with very strong general anxiety, it's tied to no particular object, but can be spawned by any object I see, any sound I hear, any thought I have (often irrational and intrusive thoughts). In these moments I always get adrenaline/panic rushes, knots in stomach, skin tingling, feeling like I'm going crazy. These things happen continually, sometimes I have a rest for 20 minutes or so, but then it starts again. Needless to say I feel like I'm utterly losing my mind. I could mind my own business, hear a shout from somethere far away, and get a panic attack. Or, I talk to my mother, she mentiones a word, panic attack. I watch a TV program, some ski person is shown, panic attack. There is no system, and its relentless. Its as if my body can't process stimuli anymore and just thinks everything is scary. This also happens when I try to sleep. I close my eyes, and get the weirdest images and thoughts, that put me into a panic and wake me up. Continually......
    I've told me therapist and we're trying to keep it at bay with xanax /3mg per day/ but even on this rater high dosage, it doesn't help. He also started me on escilatopram, but nothing yet.

In my mind I've the worst fears now....neurodegenerative sickness, particularly creutzfeldt jakob. I've had this fear before, but now it really feels like I'm losing my mind. Random anxiety about everything, medication doesn't help....I'm just waiting for the dementia to set in in about 3 months or so....

As I said I've had HA before...but this is the absolue worst ever....this is what i imagine hell to be.....

Does anyone have smth similar or rememer something similar? I feel so alone.

Re: continual panic attacks/adrenaline rushes

Quote Originally Posted by Mukio View Post
    This time, however, its different. .
    Everybody that has experienced anxiety says this at some point. It never is. It's all part of the same response.

In my mind I've the worst fears now....neurodegenerative sickness, particularly creutzfeldt jakob. I've had this fear before, but now it really feels like I'm losing my mind. Random anxiety about everything, medication doesn't help....I'm just waiting for the dementia to set in in about 3 months or so....

As I said I've had HA before...but this is the absolue worst ever....this is what i imagine hell to be.....
    What makes you think it's that? How do even know what it is?

Does anyone have smth similar or rememer something similar? I feel so alone.
    Thousands of people on here have been through the same thing. Every symptom you mention is relatively common.

Thank you for your reply, Joe.

I know everyone probably thinks 'with me its different', 'this time it's real'.... but with me it really does feel different. I have feelings of panic about random things all day long. Without xanax is unbearable, but even with xanax its there....

I was just wondering if anyone ever experienced this, for days? This is totally new to me.

Yes, absolutely, sometimes I've had it for days or even weeks on end.

I agree with the others. It's not 'different'. Maybe more intense or worse than it's been in the past, but not different. I know I'm nit picking but even something as simple as a word or punctuation influences what you perceive and feel. For example, a simple statement like "Maybe I need to try something different." changes when you add a question mark as it becomes a reassurance seeking technique - "Maybe I need to try something different?"

What you describe has been posted here more times than I can count... literally pages of similar posts. The positive is that you're in therapy and there are meds that can help quiet the thoughts and give you some peace while you work on your anxiety. Just be careful with the Xanax... that stuff is great but it can become addictive. Might be worth speaking to your therapist/doctor about a longer term med solution.

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I was just wondering if anyone ever experienced this, for days? This is totally new to me.
    I already answered that. Yes, most people experience it.

I also asked another question.

About Creutufeldt Jakob? The internet, ofc! And then the family stories, medical journals etc.
    i know its rare, but still possible for someone at my age 35 to get it, either the sporadic one or the variant (just very late).
    It really does feel like somethig like this. I can see myself in these stories, i feel very sinilar to what these poor ppl felt...its so sad abd scary!

Hey its me again. This morning I feel like I'm losing it. This morning, i'm in a huge panic without any reasons, I've got wave after wave of fear and panic washing over me (every 7 minutes or so). I am crazy restless and can't comcentrate on anything.... are there really a lot of others who have had this? This seems to me to be way too extreme to be a psychological issue. I'm sure there's something wrong with my brain.
    I'm also confused all the time, have a spotty memory, can't focus,..

I mean this in the kindest possible way, but...

You have a horrible but ultimately harmless mental illness, and it'll get much easier once you accept this. While you keep on treating it as a big deal you're just reinforcing the panic pathways in your brain.

It's a panic response, it feels horrible but it can't harm you. Accept it and move on with your day as best you can.

Great advice from BlueIris.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information