Dear all

I am very desperate and hope that some of you may give me peace of mind. I've been suffering with HA for multiple years. This time, however, its different. For the last week or so, I have been suffering with very strong general anxiety, it's tied to no particular object, but can be spawned by any object I see, any sound I hear, any thought I have (often irrational and intrusive thoughts). In these moments I always get adrenaline/panic rushes, knots in stomach, skin tingling, feeling like I'm going crazy. These things happen continually, sometimes I have a rest for 20 minutes or so, but then it starts again. Needless to say I feel like I'm utterly losing my mind. I could mind my own business, hear a shout from somethere far away, and get a panic attack. Or, I talk to my mother, she mentiones a word, panic attack. I watch a TV program, some ski person is shown, panic attack. There is no system, and its relentless. Its as if my body can't process stimuli anymore and just thinks everything is scary. This also happens when I try to sleep. I close my eyes, and get the weirdest images and thoughts, that put me into a panic and wake me up. Continually......
I've told me therapist and we're trying to keep it at bay with xanax /3mg per day/ but even on this rater high dosage, it doesn't help. He also started me on escilatopram, but nothing yet.

In my mind I've the worst fears now....neurodegenerative sickness, particularly creutzfeldt jakob. I've had this fear before, but now it really feels like I'm losing my mind. Random anxiety about everything, medication doesn't help....I'm just waiting for the dementia to set in in about 3 months or so....

As I said I've had HA before...but this is the absolue worst ever....this is what i imagine hell to be.....

Does anyone have smth similar or rememer something similar? I feel so alone.