Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: continual panic attacks/adrenaline rushes

Re: continual panic attacks/adrenaline rushes

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words.
    What makes it diggicult for me is just the constant nature of these anxiety attacks. Not triggered by any situation, any object, etc just random adrenalin/panic waves. I always understood it that panic attacks happen and tten leave you alone a bit, with me they seem to be always here. That makes doing anything really difficult, and makes you feel like you're really going crazy. Have you all really had this? Constant panic rushes? I dont just meamn feelings of dread or that theres something wrong. But actual small panic/fear rushes every 7 minutes?

Yes, I have. So have most of us here. That said, if you're not prepared to take the advice we offer there's not a lot we can do.

I am prepared to take your advice, and I'm doing the best I can. It's just very difficult bc it feels so weird.
    Now for example, I'm sitting at my computer, and i smell lunch. My first gut reaction was panic: knot in stomach, skin tingling, fear. It makes no sense. Or rather, it makes sense as an early state of food aversion or smth like these poor people suffering from neurodegenerative diseases...

No, it makes sense that your fight or flight triggers are hypersensitised.

Think of it as a guard dog that barks at every tiny insignificant thing because it hasn't been trained. It's time to teach your inner guard dog what is and isn't worth barking at.

Ok, but even if it is that, how do I train it? It's just so strong, and so random, and the fear of such a horrible disease is so strong.

Start by looking at some of the self-help resources on here. Are you getting any help with your anxiety right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mukio View Post
    About Creutufeldt Jakob? The internet, ofc! And then the family stories, medical journals etc.
    i know its rare, but still possible for someone at my age 35 to get it, either the sporadic one or the variant (just very late).
    It really does feel like somethig like this. I can see myself in these stories, i feel very sinilar to what these poor ppl felt...its so sad abd scary!
    I knew the answer to the question before you answered it, because it's common for people to self diagnose, and then get into anxiety spirals about things they don't have. Massively common.

This is what you are doing right now. Creating a demon to fear, and then fearing it continually.

Listen to BlueIris. Try and stop the mental 'yeah but it's difficult'. We all know it's difficult, we've all been through it and come out the other side. The problem isn't your anxiety, it's how you're reacting to it. Don't put it up on a demonic pedestal, just mentally shrug it off even if you don't feel like you can. It's just sensation, nothing more.

Once you learn how to do that, it will be mostly beaten.

I know you're right. But it just feels like its smth more serious. I wish there was a test for it. Or just some med that could calm me down for 3 months and then I'd know I'm fine. Like this, the uncertainty, is pure torture. I feel like losing my mind and all tjis anxiety, nothing helps...how does one even cope

I say this with all the kindness in my heart, but... stop feeling sorry for yourself. If you keep on telling yourself how bad things are you're just locking yourself into a vicious cycle.

You have anxiety, it sucks, but it's up to you whether it's a soul-eating demon or just a blasted nuisance.

If you really want to get better, you need to move past the histrionics, acknowledge you have a mental health problem then start focusing on ways to get past it. I control mine (mostly) with medication, meditation and therapy sessions every few years, but different combinations work for different people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukio View Post
    I wish there was a test for it. Or just some med that could calm me down for 3 months and then I'd know I'm fine.
    There isn't a definitive test, and no such med exists.

You HAVE to just use acceptance, and re-learn your reaction to it. There really is no other way to beat anxiety. It doesn't exist. Everything else just supports acceptance and re-learning.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information