Thread: Spotting and scared

Spotting and scared

Last March, right before lockdown, a couple of days after my period, I bled a bit more. It was bright red, was only when I wiped, and lasted a day. But we went in to lockdown and I thought nothing more about it. Thehn anotehr month, the same thing happened. This month has been so much worse. I had my period, stopped, then three days later I spotted (pink on tissue when wiping), stopped for a day, and am now spotting again. I have booked in to see the dr, but they can't get me in until next Tuesday, and in the mean time I am just freaking out. I am 43, so it could be peri-menopause, but my periods are completely regular, and would it really cause me to spot for 3 days, then stop, then start again? My mother had uterine / endometrial cancer, and the only sign she had was spotting, but that was post-menopause. My last cervical screening was 2.5 years ago and was clear (no pre-cancerous cells, HPV negative) so I feel that it is unlikely to be cervical cancer. That said, my mind is going to some very dark places. I don't see why the spotting would stop then start back again. You know I can't stop thinking of all the deadly things it could be, and knowing I have to wait until next Tuesday just for a pelvic exam and blood test is just a way of extending the fear I am currently undergoing.

Re: Spotting and scared

How did your appointment go ?

I am 44 and I too have been having some weird spotting- for me it is usually in the week before my period. I had a smear and an ultrasound and the gynaecologist concluded it was probably hormonal. Hormones can begin to do erratic things in your 40s!

Mine certainly do. Since I turned 40 I've had all sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    How did your appointment go ?
    Cervix looks fine.waiting for hormone test results. Couldn’t get my cervical hpv exam or smear because I got my period the day before that was due, but they’d looked at my cervix the week before. They said to let them know if it happens again this month. It just started again. I can’t call until Monday now so I have a looooooong weekend ahead of me. I’m terrified.

Thread Information